• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think higher ABV beers are ok when you're out somewhere having a beer or three, but I find myself leaving them on the shelves when buying something to drink at home, I think 6-6.5% is the high end for something I want to be able to have multiple of.
Yup, I started out on stouts and porters.... quickly realized you can only drink 1-2 before you feel 'full'. Same experience with the bigger IPAs

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earlier,,,
DD7A793A-8608-4887-B03B-41F97DE466C1.jpeg

Boulevardier now...
F6E0C2A9-32D8-4876-AF3C-DCEBB939A1B2.jpeg

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to hate Ballast. I was an early adopter and took it personally when they sold out... though a billion dollars is a billion dollars. Their beer went noticeably south pretty quick, except the og Sculpin and some Victory at Seas. But, I try to be honest when it comes to the taste alone. This was the first beer I’d had from them in maybe 7yrs, as far as I can recall. It was a solid Pale Ale. No qualms. Refreshing.

Last edited:

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100% agree on the higher ABV, if I have them at home I usually start with one and then move to something a little more subtle.
I think higher ABV beers are ok when you're out somewhere having a beer or three, but I find myself leaving them on the shelves when buying something to drink at home, I think 6-6.5% is the high end for something I want to be able to have multiple of.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rn, Block 15 brew simply called 'IPA'

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tip Tao Punch.

1 oz Lime Juice
1 ½ oz Lemon Juice
½ oz. orgeat
1 oz. passion fruit syrup
2 oz. Light Rum
1 oz. 151 Rum
1 oz. Brandy
1 oz. Aperol

Few things: this is for two so I halved it. I used Probitas and Plantation OFTD (140-proof rum....close enough) and Christian Brothers brandy (ayyyyyyyyyy @Huntsman). I also don't have a canoe tiki mug. so I used a glass.

This is gonna get me where I wanna be.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
3 Floyds:Mikkeller.jpg

Collaboration between 3 Floyds and Mikkeller.
They nailed it.
Warpigs is the name of their collab brewery

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tip Tao Punch.

1 oz Lime Juice
1 ½ oz Lemon Juice
½ oz. orgeat
1 oz. passion fruit syrup
2 oz. Light Rum
1 oz. 151 Rum
1 oz. Brandy
1 oz. Aperol

Few things: this is for two so I halved it. I used Probitas and Plantation OFTD (140-proof rum....close enough) and Christian Brothers brandy (ayyyyyyyyyy @Huntsman). I also don't have a canoe tiki mug. so I used a glass.

This is gonna get me where I wanna be.
Love the Plantation OFTD. Really doesn't drink like 70%.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to hate Ballast. I was an early adopter and took it personally when they sold out... though a billion dollars is a billion dollars. Their beer went noticeably south pretty quick, except the og Sculpin and some Victory at Seas. But, I try to be honest when it comes to the taste alone. This was the first beer I’d had from them in maybe 7yrs, as far as I can recall. It was a solid Pale Ale. No qualms. Refreshing.

The got bought by a different company a year or so ago. I forget the deets, but I’m guessing they’re better now. I don’t have their beers too often, but we might be visiting San Diego again later this year, so I’ll definitely stock up on Spruce Tip Sculpin.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i love lamp.

1 oz. reposado tequila
1 oz. Demerara rum
1 oz. fresh pineapple juice
¾ oz. fresh lime juice
¾ oz. banana liqueur
¼ oz. agave nectar
4 dashes Angostura bitters

I used real mccoy 12 and i only had 1800 silver. Very good drink.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Yes, that was big news down here in San Diego... particularly because that sale was reportedly for an obscenely reduced amount. Rumors were floating that it was in the neighborhood of $75mil...

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Diet Coke

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads