• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wel6j43u5nl61.png

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interested in how that Fassionola you ordered plays out. Looks promising. Also, bit of a margarita kick last coupla’ days. Met some mates at the local Mexi restaurant for a few. This place is a small chain, but been around forever and always reliable. Margs were good, with Don Julio Reposado, but way too much orange juice. I like a little... even equal parts to lime. These were too much juice after two. Good time though.
5F24CF58-BF83-47D2-84B7-72B91F803E9D.jpeg

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I joined you on that one, my buddy. Supposedly these are pretty old though right, as Jonathan English is out of business.
Sort of? I don't know? There was a dude on Eater who posted in the comments that he is the commercial distributor for Jonathan English and has the eBay page up for folks like us to buy bottles and he is like: they are very much in business.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Bro, don't go drinking with mates unless you're vaccinated.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That whisky tasting I was part of a week or two ago was four of us. The guy putting it on has actually judged at the Irish Whisky awards. He had the table set up for our tasting to include a disposable plastic pipette at each of our place settings. It's amazing how 1-3 drops of water will open something up.
Did a private tasting at the Jameson Distillery in Dublin that sounds like this. I can concur that just a droplet or two of water drastically changes the flavor profile.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did a private tasting at the Jameson Distillery in Dublin that sounds like this. I can concur that just a droplet or two of water drastically changes the flavor profile.

I don't disagree about adding a droplet of water or 2 (or 5) and the effect it has on the flavor profile, and I have tried it. However, I much more prefer the true viscosity of enjoying something neat, especially Barrel Proof Whiskey. To me water diminishes the oils that would generally carry forward to a longer finish and more front/mid palate nuances. To each their own though, no wrong way, just popular vs unpopular. The only time I ever add water is when it the whiskey brings about a certain acid reflux episode; like it did with Woodford Reserve Rye or Stagg Jr. Barrel Proof Bourbon, which were way too hot for even for me, even though the proofs couldn't have been further apart (41).

Last edited:

soloioeilmare

Reaction score
Johnnie walker gold label 18 and Henessy.
I know its not good to take both, but my mother just passed due cancer at 65, but went out peacefully while sleeping... Still cannot believe it it seem as she is just sleeping. I don't know how many times I have kissed her hands and head..
Last thing on my mind is those drinks.

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Johnnie walker gold label 18 and Henessy.
I know its not good to take both, but my mother just passed due cancer at 65, but went out peacefully while sleeping... Still cannot believe it it seem as she is just sleeping. I don't know how many times I have kissed her hands and head..
Last thing on my mind is those drinks.

Very sorry for your loss.

soloioeilmare

Reaction score
Very sorry for your loss.

Thanks my friend, I appreciate it. It is in gods hand, it was written that way, she went away in the teacher day that is celebrated in my country, she was a pedagogue in university. Also in Europe, in my country, today we have mother day. We always celebrated both. She followed and attended the university seminars even after going in pensions or retiring from the university as a pedagogue, even spoke there many times. My father and my mother always dressed nice despite their age, meretriciously they cared of dressing appropriated and nice. Both my father and mother micromanaged their life meretriciously.She took care of health wise too, walking she never took one day off or slacked, the first thing at 5 am along my father was walking, she taking care of her health but this is illness, the cancer... is unbelievable.
She got better after diagnosed and followed up, she and my father followed the process meretriciously, they walked everyday for miles,both eat right and never compromised, she appreciated life, than cancer came back after many years and took her very fast, it didn't give us enough time to enjoy life with her fully, but at last it took her away in the sleep peacefully, that was one of my worries. Whenever I saw her in pain, secretly I wanted to punch everyone in street and start a fight was so mad, this rage I had almost got out of my control with security of the hospital because of limited time in hospital, due to covid . She was in last days and this guys where following procedures like robots not making an exeption. They threaten me that they would call the police many times. I was so close in jumping them or headbutt in the nose when I was leaving the room and they where staying there at the door like time was that important like the white house security with a minute of 6 PM you needed to leave, it was so irritating. I was paying all the money to treat her along her insurance, and losing her, this two security idiots where treating me like I was a criminal. I didn't want my mother to see all this in her last days she had to deal with her pain more problems would just be to much, but in other circumstances this guys would be knocked out. Im still mad once im done with honoring and the dealing with entire "procedures", I'm going to catch up with this guys.

The mother is the weak spot also of Italians. I have had friends who died in jail and never would imagine that it will think about it so much.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads