• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1568366
Side by side by side taste test.

Follow up - Whitley Neill is way too sweet. Pretty disappointing. Hendrick's of course knows what it's doing. Midsummer is just top notch, I love the floral, but surprisingly by the end of them I was enjoying the lunar just as much. More citrus, less floral, but still really good. I'm not 14 oz into anything yet, so now it's time to figure out the next cocktail... maybe a bijou or just some chartreuse on the rocks.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A wee dram of Craigellachie 13 while making maple candy this evening.

A303A7CA-952C-487C-A92E-4A44C60FD320.jpeg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Only 6-7 cocktails, assuming you mean oz. NBD. You got another 14 in ya bud.
it was five or six cocktails. I made one more and got about halfway through before falling asleep.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I finished the evening last night with a High West and Torino manhattan. I love the Torino, the High West not so much.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finished the evening last night with a High West and Torino manhattan. I love the Torino, the High West not so much.
I was gifted some High West I've used in my Manhattans.
Not sure how I feel about it yet.
Rittenhouse and Sazerac are still my go to ryes.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Both very respectable ryes. I find myself grabbing Bulleit lately.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished up a bottle a few weeks ago. It’s really really nice. I’d say worth it, I’ll definitely be getting another.
I assume you use it in a drink like a G&T where you can taste the difference? I've seen internet posts where someone talks about using Monkey 47 in a Negroni and I shake my head.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rittenhouse is my go to for Manhattans.

Have you had this one before? Next to Old Overholt Bonded, this is my go to Rye. Neat in a Rocks Glass and its a citrus bomb. In recent years it took Kentucky and the country by surprise winning awards and recognition. Price is certainly right at around $27.

IMG_3156.JPG

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume you use it in a drink like a G&T where you can taste the difference? I've seen internet posts where someone talks about using Monkey 47 in a Negroni and I shake my head.

yeah I was using it in gin fizzes, aviations, French 75s and G&Ts.Definitely not in drinks where it would go to waste.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which High West are you guys talking about? Hard to find any fault with the Rendezvous Rye, IMHO. I feel like I’m losing interest in beer. IPAs in particular. I never feel good after drinking them anymore... particularly anything hazy. Had a few yesterday with some friends and was hungover well beyond my actual alcohol intake. I get sinus congestion and am wondering if it’s the hops. Still enjoy the occasional Stout and Porter though.
0884E72A-7A49-4C5B-9FAD-DF64F24C5F4B.jpeg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which High West are you guys talking about? Hard to find any fault with the Rendezvous Rye, IMHO. I feel like I’m losing interest in beer. IPAs in particular. I never feel good after drinking them anymore... particularly anything hazy. Had a few yesterday with some friends and was hungover well beyond my actual alcohol intake. I get sinus congestion and am wondering if it’s the hops. Still enjoy the occasional Stout and Porter though.
View attachment 1568721

I’m there with you on both accounts. High West Double Rye is aces! Also gave up my beloved IPA’s and all other beer after the summer because I was gaining weight like crazy. Substituted it for homemade Sparkling Vodka Sodas infused with some kind of fruit. Feel much better and the weight is slowly coming off again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads