• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A lot of the newer refrigerators now have "craft ice" options where you get the giant sphere or cube right out of the door.
Pretty slick, but my older one still works, and that would really cut into shoe money.

Has anyone tried out one of those "craft ice" freezers? I hate my current fridge and would love to get something better designed.

I have a couple silicon molds which do well enough, but if I'm going to get a new appliance, might as well optimize it.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spiegelau has this ridiculously beautiful glass I use for tequila/whiskey when I’m in the mood.

That looks gloriously impractical.

I had a wonderful aged grappa out of a similar glass at a Michelin star restaurant in Florence. It's obnoxiously difficult to find good grappa in the US.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That looks gloriously impractical.

I had a wonderful aged grappa out of a similar glass at a Michelin star restaurant in Florence. It's obnoxiously difficult to find good grappa in the US.
They have a glencairn-esque version that is equally beautiful

1594512096200.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prost Brewing Vienna Lager (Prost is a brewery in Denver that brews German and Austrian style beers). Sehr gut!

738E6A36-94FA-471E-A551-4BAC15874FC1.jpeg

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really loving the glassware and well vs top-shelf discussion. I’d only add, I love coupes over flutes for champagne and have been digging my double walled glasses for highballs/collins and double rocks/old fashions. Need one of those epic Spiegelau whiskey sipping joints tho. Enjoyed coupla’ beers in the shade outside Blind Tiger, after a sweaty-ass walk across Williamsburg Bridge earlier...
0618CCB9-39D5-46C8-B112-6903FDBC5E2F.jpeg
C6C471D6-07E0-4887-A04D-ED30CB8B38CB.jpeg

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every bar needs Collins and double old fashion glasses. Anything of target or amazon is fine for these. I don’t like ornate glassware for these two staple glasses. I think a beautifully made cocktail speaks more than the glass should.
View attachment 1422396

View attachment 1422397
Then you need a cocktail glass. I prefer a coupe over the standard straight side cocktail glass. Amazon probably carries this stuff.
View attachment 1422400

I think these are glasses you have to have. If you wanna spend more coin than an amazon basic go to cocktail kingdom’s website. They have some nicer glassware there. If you have money and time I’d start looking at vintage glassware. It can be a lot of fun to find some cool glassware. Thrift shops will carry this stuff. If you’re gonna spend some serious money on nice glassware. I’d recommend handling it before you buy it. The way a glass feels is a lot of where your money goes. Nicer glassware is usually thinner and feels very delicate and nice in the hand. It’s like when you drink out of really nice wine crystals for the first time. You feel the difference.

other bar glass type I’d kop after I get my basics are a nick and Nora and some glencairn type glasses for drinking spirits neat.
View attachment 1422415 View attachment 1422414
Have those N&N glasses as well and they’re awesome, stylish yet inexpensive.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really loving the glassware and well vs top-shelf discussion. I’d only add, I love coupes over flutes for champagne

Flutes feel so classically festive, but the bubble definitely tastes better in a wider glass. I've been using white wine glasses recently in a compromise between flutes and coupes.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Good call Gibonius. Have done, but I find I’m pouring in a lot more then planned at a time, which is highly enjoyable... at first.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunday 5 pm Mrs GF is making spanakopita. The dog has been walked. Jimmy Smith Six Views Of The Blues is playing and I picked up a six pack of this half price. :bigstar:

BC6C8E80-C2A2-4384-916D-3ADD73D4031F.jpeg

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You bar cart weirdos considered getting cheater bottles? 4 375 ml cheater bottles take up about the same foot print of a standard 750 ml bottle. Can you store your full bottles on the pantry?

8220F3D1-6CAA-4304-A7B3-6BBD484A4CE7.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minnow NEIPA at Gunbarrel Brewing

F3E9893E-403D-40A8-8763-31A0C7DD497A.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whisky

I’ve been driving/cycling past this place for nearly five years, and finally managed to get around to trying it. This is very good, though perhaps not as refined as your bottle of Pappy. I’ll certainly drop in once in a while when passing through Lyons.

01FE7014-F6FC-45CF-942C-B59EC6E2B831.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads