• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Martini with Icelandic gin:

Attachments

• Himbrini.jpg
    Himbrini.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 12

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plantation Silver, Q Ginger Beer, lime, Angostura bitters...
D352165F-99BC-422B-8F8E-9669DBEE3754.jpeg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Part of last weekends haul $5 for a $25 bottle of 2016 Pinot Noir
C654CE0A-6FC6-47E3-80FA-A567131B1912.jpeg

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just bought my first bottle of Ramazzotti. Upon first taste, it seems like a milder version of Averna. I greatly prefer Averna as a neat tipple after a large meal, but I think Ramazzotti may be more versatile in cocktails, which is the primary purpose for non-base spirit modifiers in my small home bar. Any suggestions on mixed drinks using Ramazzotti would be much appreaciated.

It makes a very good sour. Also plays well with pineapple juice.

this is me spit balling here on a recipe so you have more of a Jumping off point.

2 oz ramazzotti
.75 simple
.5 lime
1 oz pineapple juice
Egg white

dry shake

wet shake

serve in a single old fashioned. It’s a large volume drink because of the egg white and pineapple juice. throw some ango on top to kill the egg stank

-Pineapple doesn’t work as a perfect acid substitute with lime and lemon.
-lower abv of ramazzotti requires less modifier. -Egg white requires more sugar.
I can’t back this recipe with 100% certainty it’s perfect because of the above factors. I don’t have pina juice at home so I can’t make one to guide you anymore.

Last edited:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was in Italy, I ordered a Ramazzotti (had never had it before), and the bartender clearly said "The American wants a Ramazzott?!" I confirmed, and got excellent service for the rest of the night.

Was a high point of the trip.

I like it straight with ice.
I had the same experience with Fernet Branca.
Instant street cred...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
*sigh*

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain.
Back in the day I was out with friends for some large dinner function at a restaurant. One of my best friends married into a family of bible-racists. And they don't drink ( strike 3 ). So it's whispered around at the table that no one should order alcohol.
Of course, I ordered my boozes extra loud while I stared right at them.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We had a nice bottle of wine on Thursday, per plan, but not relaxing with a cocktail last night was trying. Still, no booze and I was up and at them around 5:45a this morning.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a sam adams triple bock I've had in my fridge for years and before then in uh less than ideal storage. Should open it soon.

Bought the cruzan bottled mai tai. Cruzan is not the most inspiring rum. This was....tropical. it didn't have quite the same qualities of a mai tai which is easy to lose in a bottle. It wasnt even really a mai tai. Was it bad? No. Was it good? Maybe. When i want a refreshing tropical tikilike drink and just want to pour over ice it is pretty good. Although i could tell the rum wasn't of the highest quality even by cruzan standards.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Bhowie. I'll try that recipe minus the egg white. (I don't eat eggs, so I don't want to buy a carton just for cocktails.) Ramazzotti smells exactly like Coca-Cola to me, so I'm playing around with Plantation 3 Stars to see if I can make an approximation of a boozy rum and coke.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads