• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Angostura Amaro 1:1 with Appleton's on the rocks. Soothing. Delightful. Ango did a good thing by making a drinking bitter out of their classic bitters. It always reminds me of Trinidad & Tobago, a really lovely place, and a local drink, mauby, which is made by boiling mauby bark (some kind of buckthorn) with star anise and other spices in water with sugar. The stuff is delightful and pretty much impossible to get off island. I am sure that Ango has mauby bark in it.

~ H

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Martin Miller Gin with Fever Tree Indian tonic, plenty of ice and a wedge of lime.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
From British Columbia. Infused with local botanicals and a flower that gives it this purple colour. Floral and botanical, as one would expect, with easily discernible citrus notes. Will be used for patio martinis tonight.

DCFDA4E2-563E-48F6-A0A7-1189AFD0C3A1.jpeg
5846AFF2-345A-4500-A6A1-2C305C7F4314.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I like a good gimmick.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Non-stupid nog.

IMG_0558 2.jpg

Bit younger than usual, this was aged about 8 months. Have had batches over two years old with increasingly delicious results (and no ill effects). The booze load takes care of any microbes. And of you ...

14 egg yolks

1 cup cane sugar

6 cups whole milk

1 cup heavy cream

1 750ml bottle of Rebel Yell bourbon (or similar)

1 cup of Old Forester Birthday Bourbon (or similar)

1 cup of Rip Van Winkle (or similar)

2 cups of Appleton Reserve Rum (or similar or substitute brandy/cognac or 1 cup of each)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Rapid change of plans. We called our neighbors to come over for sundowners on the patio but they were waiting for a wine shipment via FedEx. So we grabbed the new bottle of gin and went over to their place for sundowners and a bit of nosh. We all loved the gin flavour and how it made the martinis look.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non-stupid nog.

Bit younger than usual, this was aged about 8 months. Have had batches over two years old with increasingly delicious results (and no ill effects). The booze load takes care of any microbes. And of you ...

I've only had real nog a few times but it's ******* good

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1 750ml bottle of Rebel Yell bourbon (or similar)

1 cup of Old Forester Birthday Bourbon (or similar)

1 cup of Rip Van Winkle (or similar)

Bottle of $15/bottle bourbon. Cup of $100/bottle bourbon, cup of Grail bourbon.

eSCALATED_1487040000699_8508527_ver1.0.jpg

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(or similar)

;)

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If that recipe had been written in 2007, it would have been perfectly reasonable off the shelf ingredients. How times have changed.

I've never bothered to age nog more than a week. Morgenthaler swears by it, really worth the investment? My wife would be pretty dubious of me leaving a tub of egg and milk lying around all year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads