• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The Karlsson is interesting yet problematic due to its distinctive nature. Tito's is far more versatile and my go to.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This implies that you don't like Old Fashioneds? Hmm. Sazerac? I love a Rum Old Fashioned with a bit of cane syrup and falernum. The best one I ever had was made by Nick Jarrett at Clover Club, where he split the base using Zacapa, Lemonheart 151 and another rum that I don't recall, along with Jerry Thomas bitters. One of my top 5 cocktail experiences was drinking that thing.

~ H

I love old fashioneds, I just didn't really like the one I made with rum. It wasn't bad, per se, but not really to my taste.

Last edited:

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You called the rum "ok" and then said it was still better than whiskey?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ You called the rum "ok" and then said it was still better than whiskey?

Ah, now I get it. :rotflmao: my original post has a typo. I mean to say that it was much better WITH whiskey.

That's what happens when you drink and post, I guess.

justinsmnz

Reaction score
Saw this tagged at 19.99 in the store a block from my apartment. While not remarkable, if I hadn't bought it myself I'd guess it was a >$50 bottle. Never been a huge fan of Crown, so I'm happy I found this one to try out.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slowly using up my tray of Fever Tree Tonic Water.
It was recommended to me as being a very good Tonic, yet I do not taste much of a difference compared to Schweppes. Maybe the latter being a bit sweeter.
Schweppes is 1.5-2€/l while Fever Tree is 7.5-8€/l, so besides I prefer the 0.2l glass bottles of FT over the 1 or 1.25l PET bottles of Schweppes I do not really see the point of getting another tray of FT.
What brand of TW do you use?

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you notice a significant difference in flavour between Schweppes and FT?
What gins do you pair it with? I have got Tanqueray and Beefeater.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer Beefeater over Tanqueray. I also have a bottle of Hendrick's, but never made a G&T with it so far. I'm sure others can elaborate further, I don't have that much experience with other gins. Citadelle might be worth a try (but only with 1724).

Last edited:

Rompson

Reaction score
I just picked up a bottle of Pussers Rum for $21 after tax! So I'm drinking it now. Neat.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I prefer Beefeater over Tanqueray. I also have a bottle of Hendrick's, but never made a G&T with it so far. I'm sure others can elaborate further, I don't have that much experience with other gins. Citadelle might be worth a try (but only with 1724).

Try Hendricks and tonic with some slices of cucumber. Trust me on this.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No doubt. :)

FWIW, I haven't used Hendrick's for anything yet. :eek:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads