1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

If a drink is highly acidic I will sometimes splash an ounce or two of bland beer. As beer is basic it buffers out the acid and makes a smoother drink.

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

That's too bad about PX. Not that I would ever go there because Old Town Alexandria is a pain to get to from DC.

Both The Gibson and The Passenger are good about whipping up a cocktail given a few parameters.

3. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

Once again, a cheap Pinot Grigio (a gift) 50/50 with an Italian carbonated lemonade. Thankfully, the Pinot is almost gone.

Cheers,

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  4. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Typically don'r drink or make dinner on weekdays but today was a good day so did both.

Started out with this riesling, inexpensive and nice, a bit mineraly, a bit vegetal on the nose, very clean fruit going down

[​IMG]

Followed up with this with dinner:

[​IMG]

Will have a bit of this before bedtime

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. turkoftheplains

turkoftheplains Senior member

I've added citric acid, which works pretty well. I'd imagine phosphoric acid would perform similarly.

6. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

Anyone,

What do you think about this variation of a ???

4 to 1 Italian carbonated lemonade and Vodka? I like fizz in my drinks.

Just an idea...

Cheers,

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  7. Eric Michael

Eric Michael Senior member

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

1 person likes this.
  9. Robhiggy

Robhiggy Member

Austin Eastciders Original Dry Cider with 3/4oz Liber & Co. Real Grenadine, 1/2oz lime and 1/2oz Buffalo Trace as a nice Fall highball. Loving the Jack Rose right now and this is longer and I can drink more of them [​IMG]

10. sftiger

sftiger Senior member

Started off with a FRSB, then an OGD 114 manhattan, followed by a Booker's manhattan, then topped it all off with a bit of Uigeadail.

1 person likes this.
  11. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I've got a huge overstock of Pisco at the bar i'm working at currently. Gonna make a prebatched Pisco Punch... you guys have any creative ideas?

Also got a couple of bottles of Frangelico laying around, that good for anything?

12. b1os

b1os Senior member

Pisco & Coke, aka Piscola, is a thing.

13. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

I'm on my third glass of the Project Paso Lonely Oak Red. Wine.Woot has their stuff half price every so often (Usually 2 Cab, 2 Zin, 2 blend for $60 or so), which is a great deal. Very good wines.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  14. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

A summer shandy from a local brewery.. Had a going out of season sale at the tap room. Hard to pass up a growler for $3.

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

This… not terrible, not fantastic, but picked it up at Ralph's 50% off.

[​IMG]

16. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

PVW 20 last night from a buddy who acquired 6 bottles in a trade. Haven't had in over 5 years, due to redonkulous pricing. Every bit as good as I remember.

17. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We just wrapped up thirst and the Hendricks cocktail academy. The Blender Bender was awesome. 20 tables of blended drinks from sins of the best bartenders in Boston.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  18. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Pisco is pretty great with Chartreuse and lime, so Last Word and Eulogy variants with it are tasty. As for the Frangelico, others may mock, but I was working on a kind of nutty dry cocktail with it in the vein of a Ford that used gin, vermouth, madeira, and Frangelico. It was very good but I ran out of Madeira before writing down the recipe.

Last night had a wonderful Fall cocktail: a Calvados Manhattan, if you will, with Dolin rouge and a drop of Allspice dram and orange bitters. So tasty.

~H

2 people like this.
  19. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

^ Sounds nice. Keeping it simple tonight. 22oz of Alpine Beer Co. Ale and some whiskey.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

If any DC-area residents want to visit the Columbia Room or The Passenger, you need to do so before the end of the year. Both are closing on January 1 for redevelopment on that block. The Columbia Room is set to reopen in a new location late next year, and The Passenger has not yet found a new spot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...the-columbia-room-is-moving-to-blagden-alley/