1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I totally want to try a bottle before I buy it but can't find a single bar in NYC that has it

2. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Prob won't. I think only DrinkUp stocks it.

1 person likes this.
  3. bmac11c

bmac11c Senior member

[​IMG]

Sittin on the back porch drinking some Uncle Val's Botanical Gin on the rocks and smoking some brisket for dinner tonight! Life is Good!

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I ordered two, so I could get free shipping, and I hope other folks took advantage of this. They are seamless Yarai mixing glasses with very sturdy and tight fitting Hawthornes. If they are still available you really need to order at least one.

5. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I hate this guy. He has the ability to suck fun out of anything.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

This is fun

6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

You're mistaking me for somebody else.

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

that was pretty terrible acting, but i imagine the event was fun. want to go someday

8. Feathers

Feathers New Member

So it's hotter than hell here in PHX, so my drink choices have been a bit skewed. Hangar 1 makes a killer citrus vodka that, along with a little soda and a lime, makes for a great 116° cocktail. Otherwise, its a healthy portion of Elmer T. Lee with an ice cube (maybe two). If you're a bourbon nut, check Elmer out. Never seen it for more than $30 and tastes like Blanton's higher-achieving older brother.

9. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

• 'Adolph Mueller Piesporter Michelsberg Riesling Spatlese

This is my go to wine when with my significant other. Low alcohol content and a refreshing taste.

Cheers,

10. saint

saint Senior member

Just finishing a Botanist cocktail, about to have a Great Lakes Rye of the Tiger with a grilled soft shell crab sandwich with aioli and hot sauce.

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Negroni made with Ransom dry gin, Carpano Antica sweet vermouth, and Gran Classico. It's a bit on the sweet side -- I think the combination of Carpano and Gran Classico may be too much.

12. b1os

b1os Senior member

^You definitely have to play around with the ratios. The classic 1:1:1 doesn't work that well when using Gran Classico in Negronis, imo. I'd also pick a lighter sweet vermouth, since the flavour of GC is more delicate than Campari--and I'm not too big a fan of a regular Negroni prepared with Carpano Antica anyway.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  13. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Dolin Rouge would be a great foil for the Classico.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  14. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Any Toronto-based SFers a member of the Toronto Temperence Society? My partner and I will be up there in a few weeks and it looks great....

15. denning

denning Senior member

Last night went on a binge. Last Word, Moscow Mule, Pimm's Cup, Eva Green, Smokey Bandit, Foreboding Weather, etc. Add in some tequila, some Rip Van Winkle 10 and probably a few others as well.

Last Word
    [​IMG]

Oliveto (recipe adapted from Marvel Bar in Minneapolis)

2 oz. dry gin
    1 oz. fresh lemon juice
    1/4 oz. simple syrup (2:1 sugar:water)
    1/4 oz. Licor 43
    1/2 oz. extra virgin olive oil
    1 egg white
    [​IMG]

Next time I will double the simple syrup to balance things out a little. Was still delicious.

1 person likes this.
  16. Eric Michael

Eric Michael Senior member

I like the idea of adding a little olive oil with gin-based cocktails... will have to try that.
    Also must incorporate egg whites into more cocktails.

17. Eric Michael

Eric Michael Senior member

I made a martini last night:

2.5 oz Tanq
    .5 oz Kina Lillet

I didn't have any vermouth so used Lillet instead. It was very nice and smooth but next time I either have to decrease the amount of Lillet, or maybe bump the gin up to 3oz for better balance.
    (I'm not a huge fan of Tanq in martinis but I thought I'd give it another try. It was probably okay in this one because the ratio of gin:Lillet seemed to slightly skew the flavour of the Tanq. Next time round, will try with a higher quality gin.)
    Stirred, garnished with a lemon twist.

x2

18. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Do 2:1 with Lillet, add a drop of Maraschino and a lemon twist. It's pretty lovely. And I presume you mean regular Lillet Blanc, since the Kina has not been made for years? Unless you mean Cocchi?

19. denning

denning Senior member

I still make your White Martini regularly Huntsman. It is pretty lovely.

20. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I am always very glad to hear that. I think I shall make one myself today (I have Hendricks back on hand!)

Don't know any serious cocktail geeks in Toronto, do you? Trying to get into Toronto Temperance in early August....