• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yun Shan Yin Zhen. 4g, 200ml, 80°C, 3 minutes. 2nd brew 1.5 minutes. Not bad, but not my favorite.

Gyokuro Hikari. 6g, 100ml, 2 minutes. Following brews no more than ten seconds. Had like 7 or 8 brews, up to the sixth pretty flavorful.

Sidecar

Oh, and I have found a use for my Mariage Frères teas which I didn't use up in the last couple of months. :( One year (d'oh...) and they've -- obviously -- lost most of their flavor. Cold brew extracts most of it though without becoming overly bitter, so I'll use my Tama ryoku cha and fuji jama for that. Hopefully my Opium Hill (thé bleu (oolong)) from Vietnam has kept up... will try tomorrow.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three in a row...

Sencha Ariake. 4g, 200ml. First brew, 70°C, 1 minute. 2nd-4th brew 70°C, 2-4 seconds. Fifth, sixth brew 80°C, 12-15 seconds. Seventh brew 95°C, 30 seconds.
I'm a little disappointed. The first brew was flavorful, the 2nd to sixth were too watery. I much prefer a stronger Gyokuro, even if it's twice the price.

Sazerac with Cognac.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you considered getting a gin for Gin & Tonics? Bombay Sapphire, Tanqueray or Beefeater. You'll be surprised. It will actually add flavor as opposed to add %.

Last edited:

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last Night:
Dalwhinnie Distiller's Edition
Courvoisier 12
Bookers bourbon

Carte Blanche

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mariage Frères' Opium Hill (Oolong). 200ml, 95°C. First brew with 100ml, seven seconds for "opening" up the leaves. 2nd brew 200ml, 55s. 3rd 45s. 4th 55s. 6th 1m05s. 7th 100ml, 1m30s.
Less oxidized than the Fuji Jama or Tama Ryoku Cha but still lost most of it's flavor. :brick:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sam Smith's cider with dinner.

Sazerac.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried Lagavulin 16 with a splash of water at a bar tonight. Enjoyed is more than Laphroaig (which I like).

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished a White Lady, will have a splash of something else before bed. Haven't decided what, but the odds are on Whiskey. Though long odds on Apple Brandy is a popular bet.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just finished a White Lady, will have a splash of something else before bed. Haven't decided what, but the odds are on Whiskey. Though long odds on Apple Brandy is a popular bet.

Methylated spirits and milk?

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aviation with violette

6cl Beefeater
1.5cl Maraschino
1.5cl Lemon Juice
0.75cl CdV
Not so balanced, imo

French Gimlet

60cl Beefeater
30cl St Gérmaint
15cl Lime Juice

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Methylated spirits and milk?

Where the hell did you get that from? No, the classic cocktail. 2 oz gin, 1 oz lemon juice, 1 oz cointreau or other orange liqueur. At least that's the recipe I use- some include an egg white as well.

Edit: The rather misnamed Churchill. 1.5 measures scotch, .5 measures of lime juice, sweet vermouth, and cointreau. Misnamed because Churchill was primarily a fan of congac and gin.

Last edited:

byte

Reaction score
I am finishing the evening with a cup of Sencha Overture from Adagio which has some wonderful grassy tones over a traditional green tea. Without sugar, but a teaspoon of cloven honey.

Liquor is a horrible vice that I do not indulge in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads