What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

What's the best liquor in your guys' opinion to be mixed with Pepsi or Coke?

2. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Ice is the only thing I use. In reality, it's probably rum.

3. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

What's the best liquor in your guys' opinion to be mixed with Pepsi or Coke?
    [​IMG] Liquor is meant to be had with ice or a splash of cool water, young padawan. Nothing more!

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

[​IMG]

Liquor is meant to be had with ice or a splash of cool water, young padawan. Nothing more!

Haha okay, then how about this. I've never drank before in my life, although oftentimes I'm out with friends and feel like I look a little weird ordering water. What do you recommend?

5. James Bond

James Bond Senior member

[​IMG]

Liquor is meant to be had with ice or a splash of cool water, young padawan. Nothing more!

Gin & Tonic? Whiskey Sour? Need I go on?

6. Connemara

Gin & Tonic? Whiskey Sour? Need I go on?
    Yes yes, there are exceptions. But things like scotch, bourbon, and really all other whiskeys are best enjoyed by themselves. Cheers!

7. DNW

DNW Senior member

Haha okay, then how about this. I've never drank before in my life, although oftentimes I'm out with friends and feel like I look a little weird ordering water. What do you recommend?

Tonic, on the rocks, with lime. If someone asks, tell 'em it's gin and tonic. Alternatively, you can have a virgin long island iced tea. It's basically iced tea, without the booze.

8. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Tonic, on the rocks, with lime. If someone asks, tell 'em it's gin and tonic. Alternatively, you can have a virgin long island iced tea. It's basically iced tea, without the booze.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not necessarily against actually drinking alcohol, I just haven't ever yet. Is there something you might suggest that would be a little easy on the newbie without making me look like a girl (like i don't want to drink a mike's hard or something) and also help me refrain from looking like an idiot for wincing at the burn?

9. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Thanks for the advice. I'm not necessarily against actually drinking alcohol, I just haven't ever yet. Is there something you might suggest that would be a little easy on the newbie without making me look like a girl (like i don't want to drink a mike's hard or something) and also help me refrain from looking like an idiot for wincing at the burn?
    My advice: don't get caught up with all the hype and bruhaha. Only drink what you like and tastes good to you. If anyone thinks you're a big girl's blouse for not drinking or for drinking something that their mad advanced alcohol imbibing skillzzz would find laughable, screw them [​IMG]

10. Connemara

Get a bottle of Wild Turkey for tonight and report back in the morning. Make sure to finish the bottle like your Uncle Conne.

11. Josef Seibel

Josef Seibel Senior member

12. Connemara

Oh god. I think I'm going to a party at RPI, which is in the dismal city of Troy. I'd really rather just go across the Hudson to Albany where a black man's ID could get me into 75% of the bars there.

13. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Milk.

Connie. What the F is up with your avatar?!

14. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Lots of water. Hottest NYE on record here, at 41.1C. Gearing up for another stinking hot day today.

Saw in the New Year with a 2002 Seppelts Sparkling Shiraz. Lovely drop, a great celebration wine.

15. lost in va

lost in va Senior member

I just filled an 8oz flask with Baker's 7 year bourbon whiskey.