Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Actually drank alcohol tonight. Miraculous, I know. Had:

Bell's 2 Hearted Ale - this was on tap. Nice and smooth, not too hoppy, and a very crisp finish.

Great Lakes Christmas Ale - This is heaven in a bottle. Seriously. Any beer lover worth his salt should stockpile this shit. So so tasty.

2. DC101

DC101 Well-Known Member

Manhattan:

Bulleit Bourbon
    Carpano Antica Vermouth (best I've ever had!)
    Dash of Bitters

Sterling SVR 2005

Homemade Limoncello

3. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Three 22oz mugs of Anchor Christmas Ale at my local. Figured I'd have at it while it was still around!

4. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

^^ care to share your Limoncello recipe? I always keep a bottle in the freezer.

5. chet31

chet31 Senior member

Manhattan:

Bulleit Bourbon
    Carpano Antica Vermouth (best I've ever had!)
    Dash of Bitters

Sterling SVR 2005

Homemade Limoncello

Have not found a vermouth I love, will give this a try.

6. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I think I need something with a little more kick

[​IMG]

This looks very promising, how do you like it?

Drinking a glass of BenRiach 16 year old right now, no ice, no water. Love it.

7. ama

ama Senior member

This looks very promising, how do you like it?

Drinking a glass of BenRiach 16 year old right now, no ice, no water. Love it.

Did you ever crack open than Glendronach 15? If so, thoughts?

8. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

One of the better cocktail bars in the country, Vessel, closed this week in Seattle and no one knows why. Im going to pour one out for my favorite cocktail joint. [​IMG]

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Ardbeg Uigeadail with a couple drops of water. Not bound to be a favorite, but it's not bad whisky.

10. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

One of the better cocktail bars in the country, Vessel, closed this week in Seattle and no one knows why. Im going to pour one out for my favorite cocktail joint. [​IMG]

Wow, I've wanted to go to Vessel for yearsk specially when Boudreau had his Repeal Day parties. Sorry for the community's loss.

11. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Did you ever crack open than Glendronach 15? If so, thoughts?

I did, yes, the day I bought it. I like it, probably in my top ten single malts at the moment. Top three slots right now belong to that BenRiach 16 year old, the Longrow 14 year old, and the new batch of Aberlour a'Bunadh I bought a couple of weeks ago.

12. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

X-post from my fairly ignored "Whiskey Blind Tasting" thread: Well, just got home from the tasting and am fairly polluted. I'd say my palate died around #9, but probably started to fade before then. I took it to #12, but definitely was relying more on my nose than taste buds towards the end, which isn't really fair, but... I won't go into every bottle, but for my particular tastes (and nose) the whiskeys that rose to the top (in no particular order!) were: PVW 20yo (shocking, I know!) ER 17yo (again, shocking!) Whistlepig Rye High West Bourye High West Rendezvous Rye Blanton's VW Family Reserve Rye 13yo PVW 15yo There were other worthy contenders, but for my palate, these ones took the cake. One interesting note, the Old Protrero Rye surprisingly put me off. I was really looking forward to getting a bottle of this, so I was kind of bummed that it didn't make the cut. In fact, I singled it out as having a lot going for it, but there was some flavor and nose characteristic which simply disagreed with me. It was kind of a fishy note. I dunno. One of my buddies, who was silently tasting along with me, had no such experience. He rated it well. Different strokes. Nothing nothing terribly out of left field was revealed, I guess... except, that the High West was right up there with some of the more well known heavies, at a significantly lower price. Really, it was just a fine time and I was well stoked when the food finally came. G'nite.

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Impressive post for the roll call that you had to handle tonight, godspeed.

14. ama

ama Senior member

I did, yes, the day I bought it. I like it, probably in my top ten single malts at the moment. Top three slots right now belong to that BenRiach 16 year old, the Longrow 14 year old, and the new batch of Aberlour a'Bunadh I bought a couple of weeks ago.

Glad you like it! Have you delved deeper into the BenRiach universe yet? They have a lot of interesting whiskys. The like to play with peat and different casks and some of their sherried single casks are otherworldly.

15. Halloween-

Halloween- Well-Known Member

Just had the Sam Adams Winter Classics pack with a friend. We both thought the only good ones in that pack was the Boston lager, and even then it was still pretty mediocre. I used to enjoy it a few years ago, but that was when I started craft beer, so I figured perhaps my tastes/palate changed since then. So now I'm just finishing up the day with some Obsidian stout from Deschutes brewery. Yummy.