What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Halloween-

Halloween- Well-Known Member

Gin & Tonics: Bombay Sapphire, Fever Tree Tonic, lime garnish.

2. oDD_LotS

oDD_LotS Senior member

Woodford Reserve hot toddy while watching The Money Pit with my wife. It's nice to see that no matter what happens to our house, it could always be worse!

3. zang

zang New Member

lost coast tagerine wheat

4. Lizard23

Lizard23 Well-Known Member

5. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

The Last Word with a few drops of Luxardo and the rest of that shot topped off with simple syrup. Possibly the worst The Last Word I've had...

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

[​IMG]
    Never heard of them before. Local to you?

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

My lady and I are calling it quits, so we cracked a bottle that was staring us in the face every time we opened the fridge, and so we toasted: [​IMG]

8. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

[​IMG]

Is this different from the Hudson rye whiskey this distillery also makes, or just a new label? They make good whiskey, I like almost everything they make, but the Four Grain Bourbon is probably my favorite.

9. ama

ama Senior member

Is this different from the Hudson rye whiskey this distillery also makes, or just a new label? They make good whiskey, I like almost everything they make, but the Four Grain Bourbon is probably my favorite.

I believe they make two different ryes. The Manhattan rye which is supposed to be more smooth and the one posted above which is more gruff. I've only had the Manhattan though.

Have you tried their rum? If not, its worth picking up. Its very smokey and interesting.

10. Lizard23

Lizard23 Well-Known Member

They are a small production local distillery in Upstate NY and are one of my favorites.

I've had both of the ryes, the baby bourbon, and the 4 grain but never the rum. The 4 grain is my favorite as well. I also love their various vodkas.

Ama, your description of their 2 ryes is correct. I happen to prefer the rye whiskey to the manhattan rye as I like the additional bite.

I typically drink these neat. Do you recommend the same for the rum? I know I could just experiment on my own, but those bottles are just so small [​IMG]

11. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

My lady and I are calling it quits

Bummer. She looked pretty fine and had the $$, if I recall correctly from your previous posts. You got a backup in place? Always another in the wings concept.

12. cryan1980

cryan1980 Member

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Bummer. She looked pretty fine and had the $$, if I recall correctly from your previous posts. You got a backup in place? Always another in the wings concept.

Well, actually, I kind of do. Don't know if it will materialize, but I go day by day anyway. Cute girl. Not sure if there's more than that.
    My girlfriend (she's still here til tomorrow) is the better for all this though, she said she's gonna go back to Tokyo, juggle some of her real estate, move to Ebisu or Hiroo (J-beezy dream life) on her own, get G-cups, and have fun. I suppose I wish her the best. I'm gonna live with my beagle, continue drinking the good stuff and cooking, keep making clothes, maybe buy a car and see more than the 3 places in this country I rotate through. I hope my 'WAYDRN' posts don't come any more frequently than before. [​IMG]

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

15. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member