What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Negroni.
    Light up the fire pit and pour some Talisker 10 with my good friend. inb4 [email protected] hood in the background... [​IMG]
    Nice shoes.
    Hello, first post here. I just made a Manhattan, It's the first time I have had one. I've wanted to try one for a while, so I just went for it. I used Jim Beam rye whiskey, sweet vermouth, and Angostura bitters. Finding rye whiskey is quite hard the only one the store had was Jim Beam but it doesn't have a great selection. I wanted to use a rye whiskey because it's the way the drink traditionally was made. Before trying the whole drink I just tried the rye whiskey alone. I didn't really know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised I enjoyed the rye whiskey alone. Overall a very nice drink, but the other ingredients and ice seem to dull the spiciness of the rye whiskey. I will have to try this drink again and with another rye whiskey and possibly a bourbon too.
    It's one of the best drinks in the world, and rye is one of my favorite spirits. Wild Turkey Rye, Rittenhouse Bottled-in-Bond, and Sazerac 6yo are good ryes that are the most commonly available. Woodford, I find, is a decent bourbon that makes a very nice Manhattan, also. Enjoy!
    Another Woodford manhattan. This was better than the last, even though my shaker lost its lid right at the end (I was straining it into the glass when all of the ice, detritus, and such ended up in my glass). Trying not to drink too much tonight in preparation for tomorrow!
    Always a fan. ~H

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Macallan 18 Sherry Cask
    [​IMG]

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

The Big Mac. Dependably good.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Cass Light. Just the beer, I'm afraid. [​IMG] [​IMG] It's way early in the morning and I've had some sort of groundbreaking personal breakthrough earlier this eve, so I'm gonna call it a day soon and scoot off to bed, and when I wake up, NYE celebrations shall ensue. I am taking my lot to the Park Hyatt for some sushi and champagne, so that will be my breakfast today. [​IMG]

5. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Ummm, wow

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

laphroig quarter cask

this is amazing

7. goodlife

goodlife Senior member

Maccphail's Collection Bottling of Highland Park 8 with a splash of water.

8. oDD_LotS

oDD_LotS Senior member

Decided to have a few glasses of an inexpensive chardonnay recommended by the local wine guy given my love of Rombauer. It is, true to his recommendation, a great wine for the price but not quite as well put together as the Rombauer chardonnay. For >$8, though, it's definitely enjoyable.

9. Halloween-

Halloween- Well-Known Member

Ahhh ran out of winter warmers. Looks like I'll have to go buy some more soon. Anyone have suggestions for what I should get? Some I have enjoyed are: Fuller's Old Winter Ale, Great Lakes Christmas Ale, and Old Jubilation.

Currently enjoying some Storm King Stout by Victory Brewing Company.

10. nootje

nootje Senior member

accidentally made a cocktail that tastes exactly like those liquorice and strawberry flavored winegums. enjoyable, but not while having brunch.

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Started off the evening with Belle Époque 2002, had an Auchentoshan, a yoichi, a bowmore, and now our countdown is in 25 minutes so we'll get another bottle of champagne, bollinger I'm thinking. Happy new year bitches!

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

The Big Mac. Dependably good.

Indeed. My first real foray into single malt, and it's a success so far. Bottle was kindly given to me by member Rambo. Definitely makes me want to get more into scotch.

13. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

^ Damn. That's a nice present! Enjoy!

14. oDD_LotS

oDD_LotS Senior member

2002 Cristal.

Very nice.

15. MarcInDentonTx

MarcInDentonTx Senior member