1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

feeling a little under the weather so standard lemon honey tea but instead of tea it's Jack.

-Jeff

2. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

weather has been really weird down here for the past few weeks. anyway, I been on a Tom Collins and Harvey Wallbanger kick for the past few days.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  3. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

^ Jeff, my 'i'm sick' cocktail: take some slices of ginger (a goodly number) with 1/4c sugar and 1/4c water. Bring to boil. Remove from heat. Take 1/2 oz of that, half ounce of honey, 3/4 ounce of lemon juice, and an ounce and a half of brandy and combine in a teacup, coffeemug, or similar. Add hot earl grey to taste. Throw in a ginger coin or two. Stir. Sip slowly.

4. b1os

b1os Senior member

My litre of gin is pretty much empty. Need a new one. Mostly for Gin & Tonic. I know, again such a question. But either way. You decide, what's your favorite G&T-gin? No Bombay Sapphire as this was my last one. Regardless the price, what do you prefer (and would buy for yourself.. so no exaggerations please).

5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I only use Bombay Sapphire for martinis as I feel it makes a kinda "weird" G&T...something about the flavor for me is just not right. My standby is Tanqueray, or if I feel a little splurgy Tanqueray Ten. I've been having a few with Hendrick's lately which is quite good, but another just go-to bottle is Beefeater. If it's getting mixed it doesn't have to be super top-shelf and I think all of those are respectable. My gf and I had been having a bunch of G&Ts last summer and she actually preferred the Beefeater over Tanqueray.

btw... my fave martini gin is now Junipero

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

My Martinez:

3 oz Hendricks
    1.5 oz Antiqua Formula sweet vermouth
    .25 oz Maraschino
    An eye dropper of Velvet Tango Room bitters

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Interesting. If you double the recipe ingredients of gin and vermouth why not double the maraschino as well? Too overpowering?

8. Big A

Big A Senior member

[​IMG]

One of the above

9. jabster410

jabster410 Well-Known Member

10. Kid Nickels

11. ama

ama Senior member

I'm way behind here, but this rum is an incredible deal at ~$40. Well played Kwik!

12. Kid Nickels

ya that sounds very interesting... where have you gotten it? I just looked it up online but seems it's not available around here.

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

plymouth

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I like plain old Tanqueray for a g+t gin. I should probably explore more baller gins and come back to this...

16. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

This is great stuff.

I like Boodles for gin.

17. ama

ama Senior member

I like Old Raj, Boodles and Hendricks the best. More or less in that order.

18. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Great drink.

19. b1os

b1os Senior member

Right now I think about ordering 1l of Beefeater 24 and 1l of Tanqueray Ten. But I do normally like the idea of niche producers. I'll order here. They have quite some gins but not every single one (e.g. no Boodles). Wanna pay +-30€ per bottle (have to order there gin twice for 30€+ each because I've got a voucher for them and they don't have maraschino/crème da cassis/cointreau which I'd still need for my bar collection). I like fizz, too. So, if anyone still has a specific recommendation, shoot. Junipero is too expensive. @ama: Would you choose Old Raj way over Tanqueray Ten/Beefeater 24? Is Hendrick's extraordinarily better to justify 1.5 times the price? Bottle looks good (and why the fuck does a plain 0.7l cost 31€ and a 0.7l bottle plus a teatime cup 30,12€? :laugh:
    Anyone has experience with those Mediterranean gins like Gin Mare?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  20. Kid Nickels

nice...glad you like it! That's my version... I think impolyt has a few interesting Mule recipes of his own.... cheers and happy mixing :cheers: