What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Senior member

Pez, wow. I've drank a lot of champagne, but pretty much all of those are ones I've not tried and really wanted to at some point.

If you feel in a future like splurging I can highly recommend these: Deutz***, Drappier**, Duval Leroy***, Monthuys**- all are superior to chitty-wines that line the shelves of liquor stores. If you live in a state that allows alcohol shipment ; do it ;order it online. The cost of shipping is often a wash with your local Alc. tax.

2. Listi

Listi Senior member

am i styleforum-approved yet? [​IMG]
    I want this to be me! But there is no Luxardo in my town (literally, liquor is gov't run, none in my town whatsoever.) I just drink straight Chartreuse [​IMG] finished my bottle yesterday. The biggest liquor store in town said they get it in shipped in on a rare occasion, but I can't order it in unless I'm buying a case. At least they have lots of Chartreuse.

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

If you feel in a future like splurging I can highly recommend these: Deutz***, Drappier**, Duval Leroy***, Monthuys**- all are superior to chitty-wines that line the shelves of liquor stores. If you live in a state that allows alcohol shipment ; do it ;order it online. The cost of shipping is often a wash with your local Alc. tax.

thanks for the recs. I think I've seen Deutz and Duval here at one very well-stocked hotel wine shop, but I live in Korea, so not much of a selection here. Good drinks are still an open frontier here, anybody who wants to sell badly enough can team up with big trading companies and brands apart from the LVMH stronghold get pushed - there is tons of Piper-Hiedseck, Perrier-Jouet, etc, etc, around here. Not much else.

I want this to be me! But there is no Luxardo in my town (literally, liquor is gov't run, none in my town whatsoever.) I just drink straight Chartreuse [​IMG] finished my bottle yesterday.

The biggest liquor store in town said they get it in shipped in on a rare occasion, but I can't order it in unless I'm buying a case. At least they have lots of Chartreuse.

gf brought me the Chartreuse and Luxardo from Japan - they sell neither anywhere in this country :p Got them on rakuten for like half of what you guys in North America pay - Chartreuse was 2500yen, Luxardo 2000yen. Some incredible deals on alcohol in Japan, literally no tax.

4. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

I'm currently drinking a horrendous concoction of cayenne pepper based hot sauce, lemon and hot water, with caramel to sweeten. It's to get rid of a sore throat, and it seems to actually be working.

Still tastes like shit.

5. ama

ama Senior member

I'm currently drinking a horrendous concoction of cayenne pepper based hot sauce, lemon and hot water, with caramel to sweeten. It's to get rid of a sore throat, and it seems to actually be working.

Still tastes like shit.

Do you know what else works? Halls.

6. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Do you know what else works? Halls.
    Tried lozenges. They didn't do squat. With most sore throats I have they take care of it, at least for the most part, but not today.

7. ama

ama Senior member

Tried lozenges. They didn't do squat. With most sore throats I have they take care of it, at least for the most part, but not today.

I guess, although I would try just about anything to not have to drink that concoction you made, including just suffering through my sore throat.

8. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

I guess, although I would try just about anything to not have to drink that concoction you made, including just suffering through my sore throat.

Cayenne pepper comes pretty highly recommended on the Internet, figured it couldn't be too bad, and if it got rid of the sore throat, then I'm much better off. It basically tastes like the sauce from buffalo wings, somebody who likes spicy stuff would probably enjoy it.

9. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

I can't order it in unless I'm buying a case.
    There are enough amazing cocktails with Maraschino Liqueur out there to warrant purchasing an entire case.

10. Listi

Listi Senior member

There are enough amazing cocktails with Maraschino Liqueur out there to warrant purchasing an entire case.
    I would if it would NEVER be within my grasp, but I'll have opportunity to purchase some in December. So I'll probably pick up a bottle or two. @Sore throat: I like to make ramen noodles, and squirt a lot of sriracha sauce into the broth. I put in enough to make it pretty much bright red. You get the salt and the spiciness, and it doesn't taste bad at all if you like sriracha in general. The salt content is important because it can help to relieve swelling. It can actually reduce swelling by removing excess fluid, by osmotic pressure, from the swollen area. [http://www.doctorhoffman.com/wwsaline.htm] It's a lot less foul than cayenne and lemon, which I've tried as well, and seems to work at least as well, if not better.

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

For sore throats: fresh grated ginger (use a Japanese-style oroshi grater, optimally) a bit of honey, some warm water - bottoms up, repeat as necessary. That and some saltwater gargling should have your throat feeling better.

12. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

13. MikkoN

MikkoN Senior member

Hakushu.
    Lovely stuff.

14. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

Hanger One vodka martini

15. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

the last few drops of the last bottle of hp18 in the house [​IMG]