Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ama

ama Senior member

No. I was disappointed with the format last year... in hindsight, I should have spent the admission fee on a nice bottle to share with the folks I went with.
    I would go just to try the bottles that cost $20 a pour or whatever. Most of the rest of the stuff I've likely tried or own. Now, if they could pull some strings and get the IBs from Europe and Japan to come in with their stuff I would be there in a flash. (If they could sell that stuff at the show I would camp out for tickets! [​IMG])

2. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Trying some of this Nikka Taketsuru 12y blended malt that I bought on sale cheap and never got around to. Laph QC has been on my mind mostly. :love: http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/Pro...N%2fTAK3&w=270 It's good, very gold, a lot of dried fruit in it, dates and raisins I think? Very easy going, with some interesting tastes.

4. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior member

Just had my morning meal replacement drink:

1 banana
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1 cup skim milk
    2 tablespoons almond butter
    ice cubes
    Splenda to flavor (2 packets)

Blend 'til smooth

Drink away...

5. Alter

Alter Senior member

Just had my morning meal replacement drink:

1 banana
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1 cup skim milk
    2 tablespoons almond butter
    ice cubes
    Splenda to flavor (2 packets)

Blend 'til smooth

Drink away...

You forgot to say what kind of booze you add to that. I would go with a dark rum myself.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

You forgot to say what kind of booze you add to that. I would go with a dark rum myself.

Seconded, definately a dark rum drink.

... Hey, speaking of dark rums, I have a question: Fruitcake season's coming up and my default choice has been a handle of Bacardi Select. Well, I used up the last of the Select, and wonder if there's anything else out there worth trying that's not too far outside the price range (and available in a handle if possible).

7. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

I'm going to drink Gulden Draak today. I'm a beer newb. What are your opinions on the beer? I'd like to have some idea where I am when I drink it. What I mean is, can I expect to be drinking the Talisker of beer (strong and distinctive flavor that overwhelms) or the Macallan, or what? If you could draw an analogy to spirits in some way, that would be helpful.

8. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

I'm going to drink Gulden Draak today. I'm a beer newb. What are your opinions on the beer? I'd like to have some idea where I am when I drink it. What I mean is, can I expect to be drinking the Talisker of beer (strong and distinctive flavor that overwhelms) or the Macallan, or what? If you could draw an analogy to spirits in some way, that would be helpful.
    Gulden Drak is different than most tripels in that it's dark - most dark belgians are dubbels. It's strong both in taste & alcohol: on the sweet side, very malty, but with a fruity spice that is typical for belgians. It's a great beer; you could do far, far worse. Drink it alongside the Piraat for a good comparison.

9. limester816

limester816 Senior member

Paderborner Export... is this supposed to be a good beer? I like it.

10. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Tonight: My signature White Martini, some Gewurtztraminer, and now a Vieux Carre with Carpano.

~ H

11. Alter

Alter Senior member

water. I'd like to stay healthy and with all the benefits water would give to my body compared to any alcoholic drink.. I'd rather take that sacrifice and enjoy a healthier body in the long run

Why did you feel the need to tell us that? We don't care.

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

water. I'd like to stay healthy and with all the benefits water would give to my body compared to any alcoholic drink.. I'd rather take that sacrifice and enjoy a healthier body in the long run

Hey, I'm glad you're healthy, and I tend towards that way myself, but this isn't really the thread for healthy drinks. I don't mention the coffee, water, gatorade, and absinthe that make up my daily coping mechanisms, nor do I mention the solvents I huff to get through the work-day. This is the Drinking-drinking thread.

Anyway [​IMG] to your good health.

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Budweiser, brewed under license by Oriental Brewery, South Korea. X 6

14. Listi

Listi Senior member

[​IMG] Last night, I love this beer. It's too bad that it's near impossible to find sour beers in Ontario... Although Chimay Red is basically the cheapest thing ever which is a nice touch.

15. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Still tastes ok, but definitely past its prime. [​IMG]

[​IMG]