What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Urgh, well, I hope Kirsch isn't bad drinking on its own then. I'll be in Toronto sometime and have to pick it up, although thankfully the Chartreuse on its own is not bad at all! You're an exceptional resource for someone who is hoping to get into spirits and cocktails by the way, thanks! I'm quite knowledgeable about beer... I suppose, for my age, I'm knowledgeable enough about alcohol in general, but in the grand scheme of things I am still a newbie.
    Really, this is one of my fondest hobbies, something I truly enjoy -- so I am always happy to share, especially information. Kirsch is rather like a grappa to drink -- firewater with a very intense nose, but very, very mild cherry flavor. Drink it dead cold. I do have a recipe with Kirsch -- the Rose Cocktail -- in which it is very nice. Will dig out. Right now I don't do to much with green Chartreuse (when I feel like it I definitely hit up the Last Word, which I adore), but every once in a while I have one of these: http://cocktailsworld.com/main/smok%...chartreuse-58/ (the link I really want is down, but the recipe seems right) Enjoy in good health, ~ H ps. Are you in PA or Canada?

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Right now I don't do to much with green Chartreuse (when I feel like it I definitely hit up the Last Word, which I adore), but every once in a while I have one of these: http://cocktailsworld.com/main/smok%...chartreuse-58/
    This sounds tasty

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

This sounds tasty
    It is very, very tasty as I sip it this moment. Small, though. ~ H

4. Listi

Listi Senior member

Really, this is one of my fondest hobbies, something I truly enjoy -- so I am always happy to share, especially information. Kirsch is rather like a grappa to drink -- firewater with a very intense nose, but very, very mild cherry flavor. Drink it dead cold. I do have a recipe with Kirsch -- the Rose Cocktail -- in which it is very nice. Will dig out. Right now I don't do to much with green Chartreuse (when I feel like it I definitely hit up the Last Word, which I adore), but every once in a while I have one of these: http://cocktailsworld.com/main/smok%...chartreuse-58/ (the link I really want is down, but the recipe seems right) Enjoy in good health, ~ H ps. Are you in PA or Canada?
    I'm in Canada (Kingston, going to school at Queen's University,) I just moved back about 2 weeks ago, forgot to change my location back! Time for a little Chartreuse and then bed!

5. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

It's not exactly right now, but this was went down last night at the house... [​IMG]

6. ama

ama Senior member

7. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

It's not exactly right now, but this was went down last night at the house...

[​IMG]

What is the bottle next to the Dark Lord? Bourbon something stout

8. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

^ Dark Lord [​IMG]
    That's 2008 Dark Lord! It poured like syrup and it left a residue so thick on the glass it had to rinsed 4 times...
    What is the bottle next to the Dark Lord? Bourbon something stout
    '08 Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout, but that's the old labeling it's changed since then. The bottle next to it is an '08 Founder's Breakfast Stout, I wish I we drank that KBS last night...

9. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

If you like meaty stouts, try Santa's Little Helper by Port Brewing Co...[​IMG]

10. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

How's the Schafly?

11. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

If you like meaty stouts, try Santa's Little Helper by Port Brewing Co...[​IMG]

Second row, third bottle to the right...

12. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

How's the Schafly?

In all honesty, I don't even remember, I know we cracked it open near the end of the 5+ hour session and we were pretty wasted by that time...

13. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Second row, third bottle to the right...
    D'oh! Can't believe I missed it. Good God, I love that beer. Do report on the others - I loves me a beefy stout.

14. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

D'oh! Can't believe I missed it. Good God, I love that beer. Do report on the others - I loves me a beefy stout.

Founder's Breakfast Stout, Oak Aged Yetti, Chocolate Oak Aged Yetti, we went through A LOT of stouts yesterday...

15. Jerome

Jerome Senior member