Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I had a Blood and Sand last night. Very nice.

2. oDD_LotS

oDD_LotS Senior member

Nothing too crazy, just a dark roast from the gas station down the street. Something went wrong with our Zojirushi, and I've been able to get better coffee from a convenience store. [​IMG]

3. nlakind

nlakind Senior member

water, sugarfree redbull & 5hr energy

4. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

[​IMG] Mixed with some 7up. Ultimate Cherry Soda experience.

5. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

A couple ounces of room temperature Eagle Rare 17 year old, straight up.

Plotting my strategy to buy up enough of it when it's released in October so I can be sitting here a year from now, typing "A couple ounces of room temperature Eagle Rare 17 year old, straight up.."

Wish me luck.

6. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

Made an Emerson. Good way to relax after a weekend of 16+ hrs in airports and a slow Monday at work:

[​IMG]

7. ama

ama Senior member

A couple ounces of room temperature Eagle Rare 17 year old, straight up. Plotting my strategy to buy up enough of it when it's released in October so I can be sitting here a year from now, typing "A couple ounces of room temperature Eagle Rare 17 year old, straight up.." Wish me luck.
    The best advice I can give you is to start calling stores in your area that will be getting it now. Many of them prob. have waiting lists and such and you can get your name on a bunch of them. Short of that take a trip up here. It is still relatively abundant, one store has five bottles of it on the shelf still.

8. happy hooligan

happy hooligan Senior member

right now I'm having a Pacifico with a fresh lime from my lime tree! Nothing better than that on a warm evening...

As to Stone on Tap, yes I had it at the brewery and it was fantastic. I bought a growler when I was there and had it filled with Vanilla Porter... unreal... only available at the brewery but so worth it just for that....

And the Tumber is way better than New Castle. When I started with "real" beers and ale, New Castle was great... now that I've tasted others, I realize it's just okay...

For Brown Ales, I'd go

Goose Island Hex Nut Brown
    Moose Drool
    Maybe Daddy Brown?
    then Tumber and way down there is New Castle.

I know NC is a Brown Ale, but it's so weak in the way of taste compared to others.... But if you new to drinking heavier beers it's a great starting point....

9. Archivist

Archivist Senior member

Next time I get to a decent bar I'm going to try one of those. Right now though, a Gall Bracer, longer then normal with seltzer. I'm working on a paper, see.
    The Aviation really is a decent drink. It's quite variable depending on how much Creme de Violette different bartenders pour into it. Also, only let them garnish it with real (house-made) Maraschino cherries, don't let them put one of those fluorescent red things into one. I had a nice one this evening at my local, after trying an interesting experiment with Yellow Chartreuse http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...6&postcount=56

10. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

The Aviation really is a decent drink. It's quite variable depending on how much Creme de Violette different bartenders pour into it. Also, only let them garnish it with real (house-made) Maraschino cherries, don't let them put one of those fluorescent red things into one. I had a nice one this evening at my local, after trying an interesting experiment with Yellow Chartreuse http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...6&postcount=56
    Decent? I think it can be incredible! Also great with St. Germain. Negroni here. ~H

11. Archivist

Archivist Senior member

Decent? I think it can be incredible! Also great with St. Germain.

Negroni here.

~H

[​IMG] In my book, decent = incredible. Aviation's are one of my favorite cocktails.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

[​IMG] In my book, decent = incredible. Aviation's are one of my favorite cocktails.
    I don't think your book is a thesaurus

13. Archivist

Archivist Senior member

I don't think your book is a thesaurus

Good lord old boy, all those extra words confuse things, don't you know?

14. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

And the Tumber is way better than New Castle. When I started with "real" beers and ale, New Castle was great... now that I've tasted others, I realize it's just okay...

For Brown Ales, I'd go

Goose Island Hex Nut Brown
    Moose Drool
    Maybe Daddy Brown?
    then Tumber and way down there is New Castle.

I know NC is a Brown Ale, but it's so weak in the way of taste compared to others.... But if you new to drinking heavier beers it's a great starting point....

That settles it! That will be my next purchase!...after I finish my Insanity workouts...

Until then, just scotch. scotchy scotch scotch. In my case: Laphroig 10. Best Islay for the money, and far better than scotches that cost twice as much. There I said it. [​IMG]

15. cadillac37

cadillac37 Senior member

Can anyone give me some recs on good bourbons/ryes for old fashioneds? What are your favorites? I'm looking to give something new a try. Thanks.