1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Bohdathone

Bohdathone Senior Member

Wychcraft Blonde beer from Prime Minister Cameron's local brewery, Wychwood. Quite hoppy on the nose but very subtle and dry apart from that - never tasted anything quite like it. It's definitely not the usual fruity, summer ale style I was expecting

2. francisl

francisl Active Member

An 08 Australian Cab/Merlot. Rather nice actually, and recovering from a night of prosecco and then laphroaig.

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Distinguished Member

Vodka Martini. Shaken, not stirred.
    Honestly, I think shaking ruins the drink. There is something incredible about the viscous, spiritous clarity of a stirred, all-spirits drink. ~H EDIT: Last Word here. 1.5:1.5:1.5:1.5

4. Esa

Esa Active Member

Blue Moon Belgian White with a big slice of orange in a chilled glass - my summer brew

5. Aaron01

Aaron01 Distinguished Member

Stone Ruination IPA

6. Gus

Gus Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Tequilia Ocho 2009, great stuff. I think one of the very best blancas.

7. Italian Cut

Italian Cut Active Member

Honestly, I think shaking ruins the drink. There is something incredible about the viscous, spiritous clarity of a stirred, all-spirits drink.

I was mostly drinking it because I didnt have any gin or roses, wanted a gimlet, but thought a vokda martini would do in a pinch. And I like using my shaker [​IMG]

8. Aaron01

Aaron01 Distinguished Member

Eagle Rare 10 years

9. duofold

duofold Well-Known Member

Last night, Mexican Fanta (sugar vs. cs) from Sam's Club (national free weekend/no 10% surcharge).

Stagg a little later while watching The Ghost Writer.

10. fwiffo

fwiffo Distinguished Member

I was mostly drinking it because I didnt have any gin or roses, wanted a gimlet, but thought a vokda martini would do in a pinch. And I like using my shaker [​IMG]

There's a great episode on gin martinis on the Thirsty Traveler which shows the difference between shaken and stirred.

I'm having a white russian - although I don't want to have a coronary so I did 2% milk which I'm sure makes the drink easier to go down and less of a sipping one.

11. Roikins

Roikins Distinguished Member

Rogue Brewery's Pub in SF yesterday... got the chipotle ale. It's like drinking a big glass of mild chipotle, which is good if I was eating Mexican food, not so good if all I wanted was something to drink. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My buddy's friend got their Shark Week special -- "The Chum Bloody Mary" [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

[​IMG]

those two drinks remind me of your Burger Bar experience. Not as terrible..... but not far behind.

13. Roikins

Roikins Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

those two drinks remind me of your Burger Bar experience. Not as terrible..... but not far behind.

I like to mix it up... good meals/drinks and really bad ones; it keeps me angry.

14. ama

ama Distinguished Member

Rogue Brewery's Pub in SF yesterday... got the chipotle ale. It's like drinking a big glass of mild chipotle, which is good if I was eating Mexican food, not so good if all I wanted was something to drink. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My buddy's friend got their Shark Week special -- "The Chum Bloody Mary" [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Haha, I told you it was odd, but worth a try. I didn't say it was good tough!

That Shark Week on the other hand...ugh [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Mulch Diggums

Mulch Diggums Member