• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

yfarmanara

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
I strongly recommend Sazerac and Rittenhouse (Bottled in Bond). Both are very affordable and delicious.

Thanks! Not sure if we have it in BC so I'll have to make a trip to a liquor store next time I'm down over the border.

DutchMen

Reaction score
Starbucks coffee.... @ work... argh!

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pliny the Elder. Holy ****.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pscolari
Pliny the Elder. Holy ****.

Nice. Had that and their Consecration at Toronado in SF last night.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Japanese wheat beer, described as the Japanese Hoegaarden, made in Kanagawa. Actually, it is much better than Hoegaarden.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
I approve of this. How was it?

It's fantastic: prune-y and citris-y, with berry and chocolate undertones. A drier finish.

- B

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
It's fantastic: prune-y and citris-y, with berry and chocolate undertones. A drier finish.

- B

Very interesting. I have never had the '72, but I have had the '73. I recall the same fruit and chocolate notes, but not the citrus or the dry finish. Hope you have more of it, sounds very enjoyable!

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
A Japanese wheat beer, described as the Japanese Hoegaarden, made in Kanagawa. Actually, it is much better than Hoegaarden.

Hitachino?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by topbroker
Here in Changwon, Korea, I don't have access to as broad a range of quality beer as I am used to. But I find enough to get me by. The one Korean beer I have taken a liking to is Black Beer Stout from the Hite brewery, which is not remotely a stout, but a dark lager akin to Negra Modelo. The nomenclatural confusion is amusing, but the beer is not bad at all, especially at about $0.85/bottle (supermarket price). For other beers at the market, I pay $1.70-3.40/bottle; the prices in bars are triple that. So I'm not going to bars very much, and have gotten to the stage in life where I prefer my tipple at home in the evening anyway.

Other beers in my regular rotation here include Corona, Hoegaarden White, Duvel Belgian Golden Ale (pricey), Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier (pricey), Edelweiss Weissbier, Coopers Best Extra Stout, Castlemaine XXXX Export Lager, Becks Dark, Negra Modelo, and Oettinger Super Forte (cheap, strong, and more drinkable than most beers of its malt liquor type).

I didn't know Stout was that cheap, but I don't buy it anyway. It's not bad though, I agree. I drink it all here, whether it's ice cold Cass draught or a $10 beer. When I'm out of the house, I like Kilkenny on tap, and I'll drink London Pride to get my fill of ale, and barring that, the Alley Kat (maybe they have some in your parts?) is not bad. It just makes me a little weird if I drink a lot of them.
I have a Family Mart in my building, with a tiny beer selection, and I just buy Budweiser to drink at home. I don't even know why, maybe it's because I'm from St. Louis, maybe I just don't care after the 3rd beer, they have Hoegaarden and San Miguel, which are both more drinkable, but I think I have a taste for crappy beer. I don't know why anyone drinks Red Rock though.

Last night, had a bottle of prosecco and then a bottle of nebbiolo with dinner, then had a bottle of Roederer Brut Premier that put me a little over the edge, which I then obliterated with some gin rickeys. Came home and got sick on my $300 belly of liquor. The Roederer was good though, second bottle of NV I've had in the past few days that impressed me, I had a bottle of Bollinger the other night that was also surprisingly good for what it was.

Drinking a Budweiser tallboy right now before I hit the sack, while doing some mindless work.

For tomorrow, I have a bit of a hankering for Bowmore 25, I'll have to see where that takes me.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
SF member Ratboycom was nice enough to send me a bottle of Wilkinson Ginger Ale. I had it last night. Man, so good.
smile.gif
First thing you notice is the color. I don't know, but I guess I associate ginger ale with the lighter, more yellow color. This was a beautiful amber. Subtle but obvious ginger notes on the nose. In the mouth, I didn't get much ginger. But a very nice mouthfeel for a soda. Also, it was a little sweeter than I'd imagine it. I swallowed it, thinking "well, that wasn't what I was expecting" and then the spice that ginger is known for hit the back of my throat and I totally "got" it. It was great. That finish lasted for several minutes. It was a great soda. If I was in Japan, I'd probably drink these a lot. Thanks Ratboy!

Dude, even Canada Dry in Japan is awesome, if you get it in the glass bottle. I had some at Imahan Asakusa the last time I went and I think we ordered 2 or 3 more bottles because it was seriously the best soda I've ever had in my life. I think this is uniform for Asia; we don't have tons of sodas but of what we do have, it's always in a glass bottle at restaurants with some self-respect, and they all taste great, and you feel like 6 oz is plenty for satisfaction.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Dude, even Canada Dry in Japan is awesome, if you get it in the glass bottle. I had some at Imahan Asakusa the last time I went and I think we ordered 2 or 3 more bottles because it was seriously the best soda I've ever had in my life. I think this is uniform for Asia; we don't have tons of sodas but of what we do have, it's always in a glass bottle at restaurants with some self-respect, and they all taste great, and you feel like 6 oz is plenty for satisfaction.

Coca Cola sucks in Korea
frown.gif
Need better soda!

But what's worse is the coffee.... ㅠ_ㅠ

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the Coke here tastes pretty good, I think. I really love getting the glass bottle when I go out for some K-BBQ. We need a culture that respects ice cubes more, but it's still pretty good at first, at least.

* the average visitor to Korea probably spends like $10 a day on non alcoholic beverages, and then many times that to get drunk in this kind of weather, at least I did. That has never changed for me either, I drink a couple diet cokes, a vitamin water, a couple bottle of water, maybe a small juice, and then tons of alcohol everyday. Midwest upbringing X Asia does not work well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads