• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

limester816

Reaction score
Here in Santiago drinking some Austral. Pretty sure it's brewed in the southern-est location on earth: Punta Arenas, Patagonia.
Cerveza%20austral.jpg

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
0730002020.jpg

0730002022.jpg

SF member Ratboycom was nice enough to send me a bottle of Wilkinson Ginger Ale. I had it last night. Man, so good.
smile.gif
First thing you notice is the color. I don't know, but I guess I associate ginger ale with the lighter, more yellow color. This was a beautiful amber. Subtle but obvious ginger notes on the nose. In the mouth, I didn't get much ginger. But a very nice mouthfeel for a soda. Also, it was a little sweeter than I'd imagine it. I swallowed it, thinking "well, that wasn't what I was expecting" and then the spice that ginger is known for hit the back of my throat and I totally "got" it. It was great. That finish lasted for several minutes.

It was a great soda. If I was in Japan, I'd probably drink these a lot. Thanks Ratboy!

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
0730002020.jpg

0730002022.jpg

SF member Ratboycom was nice enough to send me a bottle of Wilkinson Ginger Ale. I had it last night. Man, so good.
smile.gif
First thing you notice is the color. I don't know, but I guess I associate ginger ale with the lighter, more yellow color. This was a beautiful amber. Subtle but obvious ginger notes on the nose. In the mouth, I didn't get much ginger. But a very nice mouthfeel for a soda. Also, it was a little sweeter than I'd imagine it. I swallowed it, thinking "well, that wasn't what I was expecting" and then the spice that ginger is known for hit the back of my throat and I totally "got" it. It was great. That finish lasted for several minutes.

It was a great soda. If I was in Japan, I'd probably drink these a lot. Thanks Ratboy!

You are welcome man.

I am pounding Gin Gimlets right now and playing SC2. Seems I get worse the more I drink

dexterhaven

Reaction score
This seems like the best place to ask this: regarding a whiskey and soda, what whiskey is the default? Or is there a default? Can it be scotch whiskey or bourbon or what?

topbroker

Reaction score
Here in Changwon, Korea, I don't have access to as broad a range of quality beer as I am used to. But I find enough to get me by. The one Korean beer I have taken a liking to is Black Beer Stout from the Hite brewery, which is not remotely a stout, but a dark lager akin to Negra Modelo. The nomenclatural confusion is amusing, but the beer is not bad at all, especially at about $0.85/bottle (supermarket price). For other beers at the market, I pay $1.70-3.40/bottle; the prices in bars are triple that. So I'm not going to bars very much, and have gotten to the stage in life where I prefer my tipple at home in the evening anyway.

Other beers in my regular rotation here include Corona, Hoegaarden White, Duvel Belgian Golden Ale (pricey), Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier (pricey), Edelweiss Weissbier, Coopers Best Extra Stout, Castlemaine XXXX Export Lager, Becks Dark, Negra Modelo, and Oettinger Super Forte (cheap, strong, and more drinkable than most beers of its malt liquor type).

yfarmanara

Reaction score
manhattan with R1. any suggestions on other ryes i can try? pretty new to the drink but i find it delicious

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfarmanara
manhattan with R1. any suggestions on other ryes i can try? pretty new to the drink but i find it delicious

I strongly recommend Sazerac and Rittenhouse (Bottled in Bond). Both are very affordable and delicious.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dexterhaven
This seems like the best place to ask this: regarding a whiskey and soda, what whiskey is the default? Or is there a default? Can it be scotch whiskey or bourbon or what?

By "soda", I am assuming you mean soda water. Use anything under $30. Bourbon, rye and scotch are all fine. Just don't drink that delicate single-malt with soda.

BAB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
I strongly recommend Sazerac and Rittenhouse (Bottled in Bond). Both are very affordable and delicious.

agree

Bohdathone

Reaction score
Just had a John Smith's with lunch followed by an Arran blonde ale. Both nice beers, should have had them in the opposite order

Esa

Reaction score
Bulleit bourbon on the rock - with an A. Fuente Hemingway Signature cigar!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads