What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. fly2thesummit

fly2thesummit Member

2. LTJazz

LTJazz Active Member

I recently discovered the San Pellegrino fruit flavored beverages. I'm quite fond of them, particularly because I enjoy a light soda that is not overly sweet. It's a welcome change from soda, and knowing everything on the ingredients list helps as well.

3. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Hendricks G&T after a hot ass round of golf.

6. InsBrokerTX

InsBrokerTX Senior member

Famous Grouse on the rocks.

7. ama

ama Senior member

Hendricks G&T after a hot ass round of golf.

This, except my round of golf got rained out. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

This, except my round of golf got rained out. [​IMG] [​IMG]

More time for G&T [​IMG]

9. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

Vodka martini with a twist today. I had about 4 or 5 of them today over a close to 3 hour lunch. I was floored all the way till 7pm. Although I may have cheated by doing a shooter around 10am as a pre-lunch.

Must be getting old...or not enough sleep..or both.

10. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

Bourbon & Branch in SF last night... Aviation, Corpse Reviver #2, a Hemingway Daiquiri, and a Democrat.

11. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Bourbon & Branch in SF last night... Aviation, Corpse Reviver #2, a Hemingway Daiquiri, and a Democrat.
    ooooooh. Sounds nice. How is B&B? Does getting in require too much theatrics? Decor? Drinks? Service? ~ H

12. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

ooooooh. Sounds nice. How is B&B? Does getting in require too much theatrics? Decor? Drinks? Service?

~ H

It was pretty cool when it first opened. Laid back enough that I had drinks with my mother there a few times. She says the manhattans are great.

13. ama

ama Senior member

ooooooh. Sounds nice. How is B&B? Does getting in require too much theatrics? Decor? Drinks? Service?

~ H

B&B is cool, but don't shop at their liquor store, Cask. It is really overpriced on many things.

14. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

It was pretty cool when it first opened. Laid back enough that I had drinks with my mother there a few times. She says the manhattans are great.
    B&B is cool, but don't shop at their liquor store, Cask. It is really overpriced on many things.
    Cool that they have an attached liquor store. B&B is fairly high in my list of U.S. cocktail bars to visit, who knows when, though. On the other hand I was randomly in Chicago and stopped in at Violet Hour, which is certainly great, but not groundbreaking. I like the laid-back part -- some of these places get way into their schtick. ~ H

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Today the bartender at work found out I had never had a margarita before. So he resolved to make me one. It was nice. And rather enjoyable, really. But IMO, it was kind of boring and there are much better options out there. Although I don't konw why I'm saying this in t his threak since you all probably assume I'm a failure for even drinking one.

Cool that they have an attached liquor store. B&B is fairly high in my list of U.S. cocktail bars to visit, who knows when, though. On the other hand I was randomly in Chicago and stopped in at Violet Hour, which is certainly great, but not groundbreaking.

I like the laid-back part -- some of these places get way into their schtick.

~ H

Violet Hour is great, and fun to go to once in a while. But sometimes the people there are so INTO it and excited and trying to make it seem like it is more than it is that it gets annoying. If that makes sense.

*By "people" I mean customers. One would hope that the people working there feel that way.