What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

New Belgium 1554 Enlightened Black Ale

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

A really delicious manhattan.

3 oz CC Sherry Cask Aged
    1.5 oz Vya Sweet Vermouth
    .25 oz Luxardo Liquor

Several drops of Velvet Tango Room bitters.

Shake.

Pour.

Damn.

3. Alter

Alter Senior member

A really delicious manhattan. 3 oz CC Sherry Cask Aged 1.5 oz Vya Sweet Vermouth .25 oz Luxardo Liquor Several drops of Velvet Tango Room bitters. Shake. Pour. Damn.
    The Luxardo Maraschino? That sounds good! Gosh, I really have to find if anyone carries Vya in Japan.

4. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

It was basically an all cheapo Vieux Carre. I used some E&J and Michter's Rye in it as I didn't feel like using any of my nicer stuff, especially since it was my first attempt. I should have used more bitters, only used 1 dash each of angostura and peychaud. Although, I think a more flavorful brandy would have really helped the drink, there's always next time [​IMG]

Do you have any prefered brandys?

I like to use Remy Martin 1738 in my Vieux Carres. It is about $45 where I live.

5. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

The Luxardo Maraschino? That sounds good! Gosh, I really have to find if anyone carries Vya in Japan.
    I second that -- harkens back to the Martinez in a very good way.
    If I ever do the Cleve again, I think I'll stay at the Ritz Carlton there in Tower City. Can walk to 4th from there. Man, had braised pork bellies on my mind ever since Light Bistro. Will make some later this week. [​IMG] Tonight, will be drinking a Burg to be named later, and I think I need to make a manhattan with VTR bitters.
    Cleveland has a love affair with the pig, I think. Part of why I love it so! Yeah, I will admit, driving around Cleveland proper can be annoying. When Euclid was under construction (for years it seemed -- it is the street at the North end of 4th) it was hor-freaking-riffic. After spending 45minutes trying to get to Lola, I just gave up. I stayed once, in the Hilton downtown which was nice as the engineer in me appreciated the old Arcade, but getting to the downtown from Ohio City and back is no big deal. Hope you make it back sometime. ~ H

6. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

MMMM a Stone brew, the Cali-Belgium in a growler, it's pretty solid but not the best in the world. God I love being 5 miles from the stone brewery.

7. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

A few months ago, I walked into a BevMo and found a lone bottle of Creme de Violette on a random shelf. And recently, I walked into another BevMo and found a lone bottle of this stuff on some shelf in the back:

[​IMG]

Now I can make some proper Bombay Government Punch!

8. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Nice, special occasion?

Right now I'm drinking a glass of '04 Fire Block Old Vine Grenache. Out of the six bottles I purchased, this was the only one that wasnt cooked. [​IMG]

First wedding anniversary. She made me buy these damn $400 toasting flutes for the wedding, so we decided that we should use them at least once a year with a "special" bottle. We go through a decent amount of champagne through the year but it is all <$100/btl.

9. lost in va

lost in va Senior member

Tonight will start off like this... who knows how it's going to end up:

[​IMG]

Pours likes a lighter stout. A shade or two short of being black with a rather thick head into my 34oz mug that held for quite a while. On the tongue it's rather carbonated but lighter then a stout. First taste is vanilla, coffee, light bits of chocolate, and quite a bit of malt. Finish is lighter then I expected with the look and first impression on taste. It almost tastes like a weaker stout but I've been told it gets more complex as it warms so I'm going to take my time with this one.

So far I'd highly recommend this one to anyone looking for a lighter (almost right for summer) stout-like beer.

This is really an amazing beer

10. TheD0n

TheD0n Senior member

Goose Island Honkers Ale.

11. borderline

borderline Senior member

Martini with No. 209 gin. Amazing stuff, check it out![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

working on Embry's martini #2. 1 part Lillet, 7 parts Tanqueray Rangpur. #1 with olives, #2 sans olives. it's good...really good...

-Jeff

13. borderline

borderline Senior member

Had a Dale's Pale Ale today on the golf course. It's from Longmont, CO. Very nice for beer in a can. Hoppy.

[​IMG]

14. ama

ama Senior member

working on Embry's martini #2. 1 part Lillet, 7 parts Tanqueray Rangpur. #1 with olives, #2 sans olives. it's good...really good...

-Jeff

Rangpur and olives? [​IMG]

George T. Stagg now.

15. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

working on Embry's martini #2. 1 part Lillet, 7 parts Tanqueray Rangpur. #1 with olives, #2 sans olives. it's good...really good... -Jeff
    Embry uses Lillet Blanc?