What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I'm ashamed to say I haven't made it there yet, but it's on my list [​IMG]
    Blushing, indeed. I've been in Philly enough to do the major cocktail spots, but once I hit the Franklin I stopped wanting to go anywhere else. I would suggest you go there next. Villiage Whisky is also excellent, and unlike most cocktail bars, has food! But it, too, is quite trendy because it is owned by a chef whose name is 'in' at the moment....I forget whom. If you like rye, Southwark should be on your list, too! ~ H

2. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Nothing too interesting -- I have 2 bottles of the Genevieve right now, Bols, and Damrak. I blew through most everything else during the holidays and haven't replaced anything. All I have now are those plus the Ransom. I probably would have used the Genevieve just to use it up. [​IMG] But I am heading into SF this weekend, so it may be time to stock up... I'm passing the place I know that has Cap Rock and North Shore.
    My. Ok, so you can help me out. I do absolutely nothing with my bottle of Genevieve, because I have really not found any way of liking a Genever. Suggestions? ~ H

3. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

My. Ok, so you can help me out. I do absolutely nothing with my bottle of Genevieve, because I have really not found any way of liking a Genever. Suggestions?

~ H

Well, I barely use them, which is why I still have them post-holidays. In fact, the Damrak is still new, and the Bols 3/4 full. The Genevieve is the only one I've really used and why my friend got me the 2nd bottle as a gift after we blew threw just over 1/2 the bottle one night. The first time I had Genevieve was out in DC when it was served to me in a "Genevieve Old Fashioned," replacing the bourbon. The only other drink I've made with it is a Martinez.

4. samus

samus Senior member

Blushing, indeed. I've been in Philly enough to do the major cocktail spots, but once I hit the Franklin I stopped wanting to go anywhere else. I would suggest you go there next. Villiage Whisky is also excellent, and unlike most cocktail bars, has food! But it, too, is quite trendy because it is owned by a chef whose name is 'in' at the moment....I forget whom. If you like rye, Southwark should be on your list, too!

~ H

Jose Garces. I love VW, and the food is great. I haven't had their ultra-burger with the foie &c., but even their standard burger is excellent. (His other places Amada and Distrito are also great. I was underwhelmed with Tinto).

Southwark is also on my list (cheap excuse, I know), but I hardly ever get down to that neighborhood. But it's now critical that I get to the Franklin. Cheers!

5. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Rittenhouse 23 Rye with a friend. Wow. Awesomeness.
    Jose Garces. I love VW, and the food is great. I haven't had their ultra-burger with the foie &c., but even their standard burger is excellent. (His other places Amada and Distrito are also great. I was underwhelmed with Tinto). Southwark is also on my list (cheap excuse, I know), but I hardly ever get down to that neighborhood. But it's now critical that I get to the Franklin. Cheers!
    Garces, yes. I don't even remember seeing the ultra-burger, hmm, interesting -- price I pay for being there so rarely. I've seen Tinto because it is near the Franklin, but I rarely eat in Philly, so I don't know when I might try one of the other spots.
    Well, I barely use them, which is why I still have them post-holidays. In fact, the Damrak is still new, and the Bols 3/4 full. The Genevieve is the only one I've really used and why my friend got me the 2nd bottle as a gift after we blew threw just over 1/2 the bottle one night. The first time I had Genevieve was out in DC when it was served to me in a "Genevieve Old Fashioned," replacing the bourbon. The only other drink I've made with it is a Martinez.
    Yes gin cocktails and the Martinez. Have had the former, but not the latter, with a genever. The oily cereal-ness just has not worked for me. ~ H

6. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

Rittenhouse 23 Rye with a friend. Wow. Awesomeness.

~ H

Rittenhouse 23 is the best rye, bar none. It has a certain element of mintiness and grass that is unparalleled.

7. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Dry Tanqueray 10 martini, up, with a twist

8. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Pappy Van Winkle 23 year old bourbon, straight up.

9. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

[​IMG] 2002 Louis Martini Monte Rosso cab

10. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

homemade Sidecar: shot of Remy, shot of Cointreau, juice of one lime. bliss.

-Jeff

11. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

homemade Sidecar: shot of Remy, shot of Cointreau, juice of one lime. bliss. -Jeff
    Lime does not a sidecar make. I'm not saying its bad, I'm saying its not a Sidecar. ~H

12. Alio

Alio Member

maybe you can not have the good fortune to have a drink of the water flowing on that lake.[​IMG]
    you can drink the water here directly, though it not tag the mineralwater, it is actually more pure than any of the mineralwater in the world.

13. mystillwater

mystillwater Senior member

another made up drink...

1 can of Manderine Oranges w. Juice
    6 oz. Bacardi Rum
    6 oz. Pomegrante 7up

14. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Aberlour 16 year old. No ice. Very good.

15. MadysonBelinda

MadysonBelinda New Member

Rainier Beer. It's about the lowest I can possibly stand.