• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

samus

Reaction score
Was out at Philly's more notable cocktail bars last night and ordered a vieux carre. Imagine my surprise when I got a glass of... Vieux Carre brand absinthe. Oops.

mystillwater

Reaction score
Originally Posted by samus
Was out at Philly's more notable cocktail bars last night and ordered a vieux carre. Imagine my surprise when I got a glass of... Vieux Carre brand absinthe. Oops.

care to divulge the name of the establishment? i'm in the philly area and would be interested to know..

samus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mystillwater
care to divulge the name of the establishment? i'm in the philly area and would be interested to know..

Certainly. I was at Apothecary, which makes some great cocktails. On 13th between Sansom and Chestnut.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnGalt
Stone Levitation

Love it, I'm going to buy a 24 at the start of summer.

John By Imperial Stout

By Canadian "Scotch Irish Brewing," hard to find in Canada, impossible to find outside of. Very smooth, velvety, with lots of dark chocolate flavours. I've had a bad bottle of it before? But this one is quite excellent. Although the best Canadian stout is still Dieu de Ciel's Peche Mortel :p

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rogue Dead Guy all night!

mystillwater

Reaction score
Certainly. I was at Apothecary, which makes some great cocktails. On 13th between Sansom and Chestnut.

i'll have to check it out. i know plenty of great beer spots but not many cocktail spots. i'll have to take my wife down there when the weather gets nice.

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Last night I had one of my favorite Belgian Trappist ales, the blonde beer from Trappist Achel.

If anyone who loves Belgian ales hasn't tried this one, I highly recommend doing so, however, it's fairly hard to come by, as it has the lowest production run out of all the Trappist ales (Chimay, Rochefort, Westmalle, etc.).

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Motorsport226
Last night I had one of my favorite Belgian Trappist ales, the blonde beer from Trappist Achel.

If anyone who loves Belgian ales hasn't tried this one, I highly recommend doing so, however, it's fairly hard to come by, as it has the lowest production run out of all the Trappist ales (Chimay, Rochefort, Westmalle, etc.).

I think I've seen that before but never picked it up. If I ever see it again, will grab it.

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnGalt
I think I've seen that before but never picked it up. If I ever see it again, will grab it.

They make two different ales, a blonde and a brown. Both are very good, so whichever one you find is a good grab. If you don't like full-bodied beers however, I wouldn't recommend the brown.

Also, the Rochefort #6 and the Westmalle brown are good brews.

All of these share a similar style but have differences that make each one very unique.

If you're really daring, try the Rochefort #10. It's one of the most full-bodied and complex beers I've ever had, definitely not for the faint of heart.
laugh.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mystillwater
i'll have to check it out. i know plenty of great beer spots but not many cocktail spots. i'll have to take my wife down there when the weather gets nice.

When I'm in Philly for work and have time fo a cocktail, The Franklin Mortgage and Investment Co gets my business over Apo -- Apo's great but have gotten to trendy for me And ona weekend it has more of a loud club atmosphere than I like (think DJ booth).

samus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
When I'm in Philly for work and have time fo a cocktail, The Franklin Mortgage and Investment Co gets my business over Apo -- Apo's great but have gotten to trendy for me And ona weekend it has more of a loud club atmosphere than I like (think DJ booth).

I'm ashamed to say I haven't made it there yet, but it's on my list
shog[1].gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say I haven't made it there yet, but it's on my list
shog[1].gif

Blushing, indeed. I've been in Philly enough to do the major cocktail spots, but once I hit the Franklin I stopped wanting to go anywhere else. I would suggest you go there next. Villiage Whisky is also excellent, and unlike most cocktail bars, has food! But it, too, is quite trendy because it is owned by a chef whose name is 'in' at the moment....I forget whom. If you like rye, Southwark should be on your list, too! ~ H

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads