Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Listi

Listi Senior member

Balvenie DoubleWood - 12 year old

Just picked this up! Happy I did. It seems to be a decent amount smoother than Glenfiddich 12.

2. samus

samus Senior member

Was out at Philly's more notable cocktail bars last night and ordered a vieux carre. Imagine my surprise when I got a glass of... Vieux Carre brand absinthe. Oops.

3. ama

ama Senior member

4. mystillwater

mystillwater Senior member

Was out at Philly's more notable cocktail bars last night and ordered a vieux carre. Imagine my surprise when I got a glass of... Vieux Carre brand absinthe. Oops.

care to divulge the name of the establishment? i'm in the philly area and would be interested to know..

5. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Stone Levitation

6. samus

samus Senior member

care to divulge the name of the establishment? i'm in the philly area and would be interested to know..

Certainly. I was at Apothecary, which makes some great cocktails. On 13th between Sansom and Chestnut.

7. Listi

Listi Senior member

Stone Levitation

Love it, I'm going to buy a 24 at the start of summer.

John By Imperial Stout

By Canadian "Scotch Irish Brewing," hard to find in Canada, impossible to find outside of. Very smooth, velvety, with lots of dark chocolate flavours. I've had a bad bottle of it before? But this one is quite excellent. Although the best Canadian stout is still Dieu de Ciel's Peche Mortel :p

8. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Rogue Dead Guy all night!

9. mystillwater

mystillwater Senior member

Certainly. I was at Apothecary, which makes some great cocktails. On 13th between Sansom and Chestnut.

i'll have to check it out. i know plenty of great beer spots but not many cocktail spots. i'll have to take my wife down there when the weather gets nice.

10. Motorsport226

Motorsport226 Senior member

Last night I had one of my favorite Belgian Trappist ales, the blonde beer from Trappist Achel.

If anyone who loves Belgian ales hasn't tried this one, I highly recommend doing so, however, it's fairly hard to come by, as it has the lowest production run out of all the Trappist ales (Chimay, Rochefort, Westmalle, etc.).

11. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Rogue Dead Guy all night!

that's good stuff - i may have to pick some up for this weekend

12. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Last night I had one of my favorite Belgian Trappist ales, the blonde beer from Trappist Achel.

If anyone who loves Belgian ales hasn't tried this one, I highly recommend doing so, however, it's fairly hard to come by, as it has the lowest production run out of all the Trappist ales (Chimay, Rochefort, Westmalle, etc.).

I think I've seen that before but never picked it up. If I ever see it again, will grab it.

13. Motorsport226

Motorsport226 Senior member

I think I've seen that before but never picked it up. If I ever see it again, will grab it.

They make two different ales, a blonde and a brown. Both are very good, so whichever one you find is a good grab. If you don't like full-bodied beers however, I wouldn't recommend the brown.

Also, the Rochefort #6 and the Westmalle brown are good brews.

All of these share a similar style but have differences that make each one very unique.

If you're really daring, try the Rochefort #10. It's one of the most full-bodied and complex beers I've ever had, definitely not for the faint of heart. [​IMG]

14. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

i'll have to check it out. i know plenty of great beer spots but not many cocktail spots. i'll have to take my wife down there when the weather gets nice.

When I'm in Philly for work and have time fo a cocktail, The Franklin Mortgage and Investment Co gets my business over Apo -- Apo's great but have gotten to trendy for me And ona weekend it has more of a loud club atmosphere than I like (think DJ booth).

15. samus

samus Senior member

When I'm in Philly for work and have time fo a cocktail, The Franklin Mortgage and Investment Co gets my business over Apo -- Apo's great but have gotten to trendy for me And ona weekend it has more of a loud club atmosphere than I like (think DJ booth).

I'm ashamed to say I haven't made it there yet, but it's on my list [​IMG]