What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

My first bottle of rye: Russell's Reserve Rye. I think I like it. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not a fran, too much "grass" in this rye. My favorite ryes are Thomas Handy Sazerac, Michter's, and PVW. Then again, I am a total no0b when it comes to rye, so take that for what it's worth..

Having a double of Eagle Rare 17 year old. Long week and just found out I am being asked to take a new job, tons more responsibilities, in a "fix it" role similar to what I just finished doing for the last 2 years except in a different area.. [​IMG]

2. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

Not a fran, too much "grass" in this rye. My favorite ryes are Thomas Handy Sazerac, Michter's, and PVW. Then again, I am a total no0b when it comes to rye, so take that for what it's worth..

If you ever get access to the Canadian stuff, that's where some good rye is. Centennial, Alberta Springs, etc...

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

My first bottle of rye: Russell's Reserve Rye. I think I like it. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Honestly, I don't really either. For that price range I much prefer the Sazerac 6 (plus the bottle is stunning). Heck, Wild Turkey rye may be a bit better.... ~ H

4. ama

ama Senior member

Honestly, I don't really either. For that price range I much prefer the Sazerac 6 (plus the bottle is stunning). Heck, Wild Turkey rye may be a bit better....

~ H

Having a double of Eagle Rare 17 year old. Long week and just found out I am being asked to take a new job, tons more responsibilities, in a "fix it" role similar to what I just finished doing for the last 2 years except in a different area.. [​IMG]

I liked Russell's, but its not really very ryeish. All of the ones you guys mentioned are better examples of try rye, including the Wild Turkey.

I'm drinking some Handy now in appreciation of all this rye speak.

5. Dreadlocked

Dreadlocked New Member

Disaronno, on the rocks. Refreshing sipping.

6. DNW

DNW Senior member

Not a fran, too much "grass" in this rye. My favorite ryes are Thomas Handy Sazerac, Michter's, and PVW. Then again, I am a total no0b when it comes to rye, so take that for what it's worth.. Having a double of Eagle Rare 17 year old. Long week and just found out I am being asked to take a new job, tons more responsibilities, in a "fix it" role similar to what I just finished doing for the last 2 years except in a different area.. [​IMG]
    If you ever get access to the Canadian stuff, that's where some good rye is. Centennial, Alberta Springs, etc...
    Honestly, I don't really either. For that price range I much prefer the Sazerac 6 (plus the bottle is stunning). Heck, Wild Turkey rye may be a bit better.... ~ H
    I liked Russell's, but its not really very ryeish. All of the ones you guys mentioned are better examples of try rye, including the Wild Turkey. I'm drinking some Handy now in appreciation of all this rye speak.
    That was my first bottle of rye. I actually hadn't planned on getting it, but I was in the shop buying a bottle of whiskey for a friend's bday gift, and there it was in front of my eyes. Thought to myself: why not! As far as being a whiskey, I like its flavor profile. I'll keep an eye out for one of the "better" bottles recommended here.

7. eight.

eight. Active Member

Fiji Bottled Water.

8. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

That was my first bottle of rye. I actually hadn't planned on getting it, but I was in the shop buying a bottle of whiskey for a friend's bday gift, and there it was in front of my eyes. Thought to myself: why not! As far as being a whiskey, I like its flavor profile.

I'll keep an eye out for one of the "better" bottles recommended here.

I wouldn't necessarily say "better" as you may like the flavor profile of the Russel's, I just found it a little bland, given I prefer full flavor in just about everything.

9. ama

ama Senior member

Talisker 18 - marvelous balance and richness

10. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

A friend gave me a few bottles of Golden Monkey (Victory Brewing Co.). YUM!

11. cchen

cchen Senior member

2001 Poliziano Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Vigna Asinone

12. Astan

Astan Senior member

the last of my Macallan 10 [​IMG]

13. tropics

tropics Senior member

hofbrau oktoberfest

14. ama

ama Senior member

Rum - Ron Zacapa 23 [​IMG]

15. Korben

Korben Senior member

Going strong.. on my Oban 14 been going most of the day just watching the snow.