• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aberlour a' bunadh. Very different from the Islay's I tend to favor, but I like it.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Negroni, Negroni, some old Antinori Chianti (honestly, Chianti has never worked for me), Lucien Guadin, coffee with cookies, now a glass of the superlative Jacopo Poli 'Sassicaia' grappa.
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Aberlour a' bunadh. Very different from the Islay's I tend to favor, but I like it.
I enjoy the a'bunadh very much.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be sure to do that trick they tell you to do, where you drink a small sip neat first, and then do rocks (or water if you don't do rocks). There is something that first sip does to your mouth that makes your head explode with subsequent returns. Or, perhaps I have a romanticized memory of this - a friend brought a bottle to the hospital when my first son was born, and my first experience with A'bunadh was there.
smile.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
now a glass of the superlative Jacopo Poli 'Sassicaia' grappa.
Roikins and I had dinner at a restaurant in San Francisco called Luce. He is a regular, so the floor manager brought us some grappa from their bar. I think this was the grappa--- at least, it was some kind of grappa made by Jacopo Poli. I remember the manager explaining that this was the best/most well known/most respected grappa maker in the world. It was hard for me to get down. Pure fire water! I mean, I drank it all, because otherwise you look like a complete asshole, but grappa is really not my thing.

Don't know why I felt like pulling that ol' chestnut out.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excellent choice! What batch did you get? Also, make sure to play with the water.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Roikins and I had dinner at a restaurant in San Francisco called Luce. He is a regular, so the floor manager brought us some grappa from their bar. I think this was the grappa--- at least, it was some kind of grappa made by Jacopo Poli. I remember the manager explaining that this was the best/most well known/most respected grappa maker in the world. It was hard for me to get down. Pure fire water! I mean, I drank it all, because otherwise you look like a complete asshole, but grappa is really not my thing.

Don't know why I felt like pulling that ol' chestnut out.

laugh.gif
What's even better is that it was one of the better grappas I've tasted. If that's classified as fire water, then the stuff he brought me once before was water from a nuclear power plant. Grappa is definitely an acquired taste, and I'm definitely not a fan of the grappa, but as Wilks says, I'll finish it if given to me.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Excellent choice! What batch did you get? Also, make sure to play with the water.

batch 27, 60.1% alc. Almost smooth enough to do without water, but in the end, I used about 1/2 oz in a 2 oz shot. It's been staring me down all day..

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
batch 27, 60.1% alc. Almost smooth enough to do without water, but in the end, I used about 1/2 oz in a 2 oz shot. It's been staring me down all day..

I've never had 27. I have 26 open and 28 on deck, 27 must have skipped us here in the great white north. Also, a two oz shot of 60 proof whisky is an intense shot. Good going!

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sea Wynde rum and some coca cola from the Mexican grocery.. mmmmmmm..

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Party at my place tonight, getting hosed. Bottle of Chateau Saint-Sulpice (Bordeaux) then I'll probably move on to Tanqueray and tonic and perhaps a few martinis. After that maybe some whiskey if anyone shows up with some. Perhaps beer.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
IMG_0523.jpg

This was an unexpected gift from a very kind friend last week. The nose has a slight sweet, citrus scent and spicy note, no doubt from the Madeira casks. The taste is highly complex, with orange, light iodine, and rather just an elegant tipple.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire

This was an unexpected gift from a very kind friend last week. The nose has a slight sweet, citrus scent and spicy note, no doubt from the Madeira casks. The taste is highly complex, with orange, light iodine, and rather just an elegant tipple.[/I]

Nice!

What's the glass? I likey.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads