What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. ama

ama Senior member

Drinking Springbank 10, 15 and 18. The 10 is a great value and the 18 is amazing.

2. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Aberlour a' bunadh. Very different from the Islay's I tend to favor, but I like it.

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Negroni, Negroni, some old Antinori Chianti (honestly, Chianti has never worked for me), Lucien Guadin, coffee with cookies, now a glass of the superlative Jacopo Poli 'Sassicaia' grappa.
    Aberlour a' bunadh. Very different from the Islay's I tend to favor, but I like it.
    I enjoy the a'bunadh very much.

4. gregaz

gregaz Senior member

Be sure to do that trick they tell you to do, where you drink a small sip neat first, and then do rocks (or water if you don't do rocks). There is something that first sip does to your mouth that makes your head explode with subsequent returns. Or, perhaps I have a romanticized memory of this - a friend brought a bottle to the hospital when my first son was born, and my first experience with A'bunadh was there. [​IMG]

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

now a glass of the superlative Jacopo Poli 'Sassicaia' grappa.
    Roikins and I had dinner at a restaurant in San Francisco called Luce. He is a regular, so the floor manager brought us some grappa from their bar. I think this was the grappa--- at least, it was some kind of grappa made by Jacopo Poli. I remember the manager explaining that this was the best/most well known/most respected grappa maker in the world. It was hard for me to get down. Pure fire water! I mean, I drank it all, because otherwise you look like a complete asshole, but grappa is really not my thing.

Don't know why I felt like pulling that ol' chestnut out.

6. ama

ama Senior member

Excellent choice! What batch did you get? Also, make sure to play with the water.

7. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

Roikins and I had dinner at a restaurant in San Francisco called Luce. He is a regular, so the floor manager brought us some grappa from their bar. I think this was the grappa--- at least, it was some kind of grappa made by Jacopo Poli. I remember the manager explaining that this was the best/most well known/most respected grappa maker in the world. It was hard for me to get down. Pure fire water! I mean, I drank it all, because otherwise you look like a complete asshole, but grappa is really not my thing.

Don't know why I felt like pulling that ol' chestnut out.

[​IMG] What's even better is that it was one of the better grappas I've tasted. If that's classified as fire water, then the stuff he brought me once before was water from a nuclear power plant. Grappa is definitely an acquired taste, and I'm definitely not a fan of the grappa, but as Wilks says, I'll finish it if given to me.

8. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Excellent choice! What batch did you get? Also, make sure to play with the water.

batch 27, 60.1% alc. Almost smooth enough to do without water, but in the end, I used about 1/2 oz in a 2 oz shot. It's been staring me down all day..

9. ama

ama Senior member

batch 27, 60.1% alc. Almost smooth enough to do without water, but in the end, I used about 1/2 oz in a 2 oz shot. It's been staring me down all day..

I've never had 27. I have 26 open and 28 on deck, 27 must have skipped us here in the great white north. Also, a two oz shot of 60 proof whisky is an intense shot. Good going!

10. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Sea Wynde rum and some coca cola from the Mexican grocery.. mmmmmmm..

11. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Party at my place tonight, getting hosed. Bottle of Chateau Saint-Sulpice (Bordeaux) then I'll probably move on to Tanqueray and tonic and perhaps a few martinis. After that maybe some whiskey if anyone shows up with some. Perhaps beer.

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

[​IMG]

This was an unexpected gift from a very kind friend last week. The nose has a slight sweet, citrus scent and spicy note, no doubt from the Madeira casks. The taste is highly complex, with orange, light iodine, and rather just an elegant tipple.

13. Alter

Alter Senior member

This was an unexpected gift from a very kind friend last week. The nose has a slight sweet, citrus scent and spicy note, no doubt from the Madeira casks. The taste is highly complex, with orange, light iodine, and rather just an elegant tipple.[/I]

Nice!

What's the glass? I likey.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

15. alliswell

alliswell Senior member