What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. ama

ama Senior member

Odd, the only thing I'm seeing a huge price discrepancy on is the Blue. Most everything else I'm interested in is about on par with Ohio pricing.
    Depends what you are looking for... The more mainstream stuff is going to be priced around the same everywhere, you can still save on taxes/shipping if you buy online. Some of the more interesting things vary quite a bit.

2. ama

ama Senior member

I'm enjoying some Laphroaig 10 Cask Strength. Its a great value, I would probably even get it if it doubled in price.
    Thomas Handy Sazerac rye with a bit of water. Next up, Eagle Rare 17 year with an Illusione MJ12
    How is the Illusione MJ12? It looks interesting, but I haven't seen it around here yet...

3. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

Had Yamakazi 12 last night. Having a Peroni tonight

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

How is the Illusione MJ12? It looks interesting, but I haven't seen it around here yet...

Very, very good, but then I love almost anything Illusione makes, so I may be biased.

5. Treen

Treen Senior member

Dragon Stout. One of my favourite beers. Uusally hard to come by, but managed to find some online.

I love it: smooth, coffeeish, syrupy, strong but overpowering.

6. ama

ama Senior member

Starting early tonight. Yamazaki 18, tastes more like a science experiment gone right than scotch. [​IMG] Wood, cherries, spice, some resin. I like it a lot!

7. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

Way too much tonight. JLohr Cab at our fav local rest/bar with a couple of apps. Grand Marnier and now into the Baileys at home...oooh

8. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

Way too much tonight. JLohr Cab at our fav local rest/bar with a couple of apps. Grand Marnier and now into the Baileys at home...oooh

9. ama

ama Senior member

Lagavullin 16

10. ama

ama Senior member

Not much going on tomorrow, so one more drink. My own vatting of Macallan Cask Strength and Laphroaig Cask Strength. Peaty and sweet, my favorite combo.

11. DBowers

DBowers Senior member

Lagavullin 16
    I tried to find this over the weekend, as a gift to my father. They were all sold out at the few places nearby. [​IMG] Is $80 overpriced for this?

12. ama

ama Senior member

I tried to find this over the weekend, as a gift to my father. They were all sold out at the few places nearby. [​IMG]

Is $80 overpriced for this?

Yes and no. Most places have it in the $70 - 90 range. So if you pop into a liquor store looking for it that is what you can expect to pay. Some stores, if the buy in quantity, have it at about about $65. I buy it online for $48 at Astor. Even with shipping it comes out much cheaper.

13. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

Sazerac 18 rye. Killed the bottle by drinking the last 3 oz. I really love this stuff. It is the best value for rye. I have one bottle left from 2008. Instead of buying more of it this year, I sprung for the Thomas Handey. At the time of the Antique Collection's release, I had spent much of my liquor budget. So I will have to wait until next year to once again stock up on the Saz 18.

14. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

[​IMG]

15. ama

ama Senior member

Sazerac 18 rye. Killed the bottle by drinking the last 3 oz. I really love this stuff. It is the best value for rye. I have one bottle left from 2008. Instead of buying more of it this year, I sprung for the Thomas Handey. At the time of the Antique Collection's release, I had spent much of my liquor budget. So I will have to wait until next year to once again stock up on the Saz 18.

The Saz 18 is great, but I think you'll really love the Handy. It has a ton of flavor.