• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
I'm drinking some Talisker 18 now, very happy I have four bottles of it stashed away. A little sweet at first, followed by a smooth pepper kick. I real joy.

Nice choice, one of my favorite Scotch whiskys

samus

Reaction score
A combination of egg nog and root beer that my dad calls "root nog." Nonalcoholic, but tasty.

duration

Reaction score
Had a caipirinha during lunch. Gonna open a bottle of dessert wine soon - sweet stuff.

Tarzan

Reaction score
Just had a glass of California Zinfandel. It's the cheap one that Lidl sells but had a very nice taste.

Cheers

Panos

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Coffee right now, but have been drinking mainly Canadian Club Sherry Cask all weekend. Either with a splash of water or mixed with sweet vermouth into a nice manhattan (sadly no bitters available).

tricota

Reaction score
Finally got my hands on a Hendrick's Gin, so I am considering cracking it open, and seing what all the fuss is about...If I dont report back, just asume it was a hit.

mik145

Reaction score
Hendrick's is a terrific gin. i've found it far more refreshing than saphire and the other big brand top shelf makes. Martin Miller's Gin is currently my other favorite gin, it carries a tremendous flavor with "Q" brand tonic if you can find it. At the moment i'm drinking a 1963 vintage Warre's port. amazing.

tricota

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mik145
Hendrick's is a terrific gin. i've found it far more refreshing than saphire and the other big brand top shelf makes. Martin Miller's Gin is currently my other favorite gin, it carries a tremendous flavor with "Q" brand tonic if you can find it. At the moment i'm drinking a 1963 vintage Warre's port. amazing.

I gotta admidt, I am not completely sold. The first thougth was that it had a very sharp aroma. Being used to Sapphire, that took me a bit of guard. It was even sharper than the Danica Gin that I have come to know and love over the last year. Secondly, I got a lot of different smells, most notably the cucumber at first, though that actually evaperated quite quickly, but also some lemon and other smells that I just could not identify. That taste was milder than the aroma, though I missed some of the different tastes of the Sapphire, aswell as any hint of Jiniper, which I didnt get at all. But more worrying than all of this, I have now had one small and two fairly large G&T's, and I really dont feel anything remotely resembeling a buzz. Not that I was looking to get drunk, but that is a bit odd for me, not being able to sence any kind of "tingling"...Not even a little.

Bottom line, at the moment I dont think it warrents twice the price of a Sapphire. Or the steller review it often gets. Still, I am not too worried. Mot of the things of quality in my life, has been an acquired taste, and something that I have been disapointed in, at first try. Perhaps my expectations are simply too high. But, Ill put in on a shelve for a few month and try it again than. Chances are by then, I will have so low expectations, that I will begin to appreciate it, for what it is, rather than what I think it is...

Wow, that was a lot of writing. Hmmm...Perhaps that means the alcohold is working after all....
smile.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
castle rock pinot noir. Not very good but more tolerable on day 2 than day 1.
They make several -- a Sonoma, a RRV, and a Mendocino. Pretty big differences. IIRC, the Sonoma is typically the better one.
Originally Posted by ektaylor
Obsello absinthe.
How do you like it? How did you drink it?
Originally Posted by mik145
+1 on Martin Miller.
Originally Posted by tricota
I gotta admidt, I am not completely sold. The first thougth was that it had a very sharp aroma. Being used to Sapphire, that took me a bit of guard. It was even sharper than the Danica Gin that I have come to know and love over the last year. Secondly, I got a lot of different smells, most notably the cucumber at first, though that actually evaperated quite quickly, but also some lemon and other smells that I just could not identify. That taste was milder than the aroma, though I missed some of the different tastes of the Sapphire, aswell as any hint of Jiniper, which I didnt get at all. But more worrying than all of this, I have now had one small and two fairly large G&T's, and I really dont feel anything remotely resembeling a buzz. Not that I was looking to get drunk, but that is a bit odd for me, not being able to sence any kind of "tingling"...Not even a little. Bottom line, at the moment I dont think it warrents twice the price of a Sapphire. Or the steller review it often gets. Still, I am not too worried. Mot of the things of quality in my life, has been an acquired taste, and something that I have been disapointed in, at first try. Perhaps my expectations are simply too high. But, Ill put in on a shelve for a few month and try it again than. Chances are by then, I will have so low expectations, that I will begin to appreciate it, for what it is, rather than what I think it is... Wow, that was a lot of writing. Hmmm...Perhaps that means the alcohold is working after all....
smile.gif

I use very different gins for very different applications. Sapphire is my go-to G&T gin, and I don't like Hendrick's in that application, nor Martin Miller nor Junipero. I use Hendrick's in applications where it's fruitier and flowery notes play well, say in my White Martini (2:1 Hendricks:Lillet Blank, 0.25 Luxardo Maraschino), or the White Lady. Martin Miller is my standby for Alexanders (the clarity of its Juniper is lovely there), Corpse Revivers, and other drinks where I want pure juniper. Junipero is reserved, pretty much, for Martinis. ~ H

mrmckinstry

Reaction score
Call me a philistine but I am trying a Bailey's Irish Cream right now. Although not my usual alcoholic beverage, I do like whisky a lot. Best whisky anyone?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to me, best part is I've go the next week off:

bf120971258.jpg

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polished off way too much Popov last night. I will never ever buy bottom shelf liquor again.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Merry Christmas to me, best part is I've go the next week off:

bf120971258.jpg

Haha, you going to polish off the Christmas present before New Years?

I picked up some good stuff this weekend, will post it later this week. Now, I am drinking a little Pappy 20 and watching the snow fall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads