What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

It is the weekend, and I am too sick to drink. Am thinking that I picked up the swine flu on the train. Have never been even near this sick. People can't cover their mouths when they cough and sneeze. Morons.

Sucks, I feel for ya man. Was flying last week and the person directly behind me coughed a sickly, phlegmy cough the whole trip, didn't cover her mouth once.

2. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Thanks guys. Felt pretty decent this afternoon, now back at 101 and change. Plus side, no work and no class tomorrow. Negative side, no work and no class tomorrow, precious little classwork I expect as well. Gnatty, what is it with these freaking people? On my next commute I will be wearing a mask and people are going to be looking at me like there's something wrong with me.

Alright, back to the drinking. I need to live vicariously. As for orange+scotch, I am tweaking a cocktail with that combo, in fact -- to improve upon the Blood and Sand, which doesn't do it for me.

~ H

3. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Thanks guys. Felt pretty decent this afternoon, now back at 101 and change. Plus side, no work and no class tomorrow. Negative side, no work and no class tomorrow, precious little classwork I expect as well. Gnatty, what is it with these freaking people? On my next commute I will be wearing a mask and people are going to be looking at me like there's something wrong with me.

Alright, back to the drinking. I need to live vicariously. As for orange+scotch, I am tweaking a cocktail with that combo, in fact -- to improve upon the Blood and Sand, which doesn't do it for me.

~ H

Best part was about a month ago was flying to DC and had a woman sitting right next to me who decided mid-flight she had an urgent need to vomit and proceeded to do so in the barf bag, as well as on the side of my RRL straight legs.. [​IMG]

I felt bad for her because she was obviously really ill and I am assuming she was flying because she had to, so I tried to laugh it off and help, but I mean really people, would an extra night or two in a hotel be so terrible?

4. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

^^^^

big time sucks. At least they were jeans and not a pair of nice trousers. Props for keeping the cool, I would have lost it for 1) flying when obviously ill and then 2) having horrible aim when you can maneuver the bag to point blank territory.

to her credit, I would be incredibly embarrassed.

5. ama

ama Senior member

Feeling better finally. Drinking my own vatting of Macallan Cask Strength and Laphroaig Cask Strength. Interchanging between waves of sherry sweetness and briny smoke. A very nice mix.

6. ama

ama Senior member

Lagavulin 16. This bottle (and I mean this particular bottle of Laga 16, not bottle in general) seems more dry and woody than others I've had. I don't like it, Laga is already very dry, this is too much.

7. dusty

dusty Senior member

La Fin du Monde

8. ama

ama Senior member

Laphroaig 15 - still smokey, but a somewhat lighter take on the distillery. Its a shame its gone.

9. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Laphroaig 15 - still smokey, but a somewhat lighter take on the distillery. Its a shame its gone.
    What?! The 15 or Laphroaig?

10. ama

ama Senior member

What?! The 15 or Laphroaig?

The 15 has been replaced by an 18 that is different, not as widely available and much more expensive.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

started with a small taste of Ron Zacapa 23 Rum (damn good stuff), then a smidge of the Bacardi Select fer reference (don't bother drinking that neat). Now, Sam Adams Winter Lager, to go with my smoked salmon.

12. ama

ama Senior member

So the Zacapa was worth it huh? I'm drinking Sam Smith Organic Lager now with some roasted turkey and sweet potatoes.

13. Listi

Listi Senior member

La Fin du Monde

Thumbs up, good brew.

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA.

14. ama

ama Senior member

Highland Park 18 - honey, sherry, some wood and some smoke. Complex and nice.

15. ama

ama Senior member

I drank some William Larue Weller last night. Amazing wheated bourbon, drinkable at barrel strength. Just wanted to keep ya'll in the loop.