• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm feeling restless right now. Just made myself a bloody mary with 2 part tomato juice, 1 part cheapo vodka, add a bit of worcestershire sauce, a lot of tabasco, a pinch of salt, and a liberal dose of pepper. It seems to be having the opposite effect. Maybe the vodka will set in shortly.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've had a lot of trouble sleeping lately. Dunno why. I'm drinking some high quality gin tonight.
musicboohoo[1].gif
rimshot.gif

5902.jpg

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I left it in my purse next to my tampons, vagisil, and Season 1 DVDs of the Gilmore Girls. (it's a big bag)

You forgot the new Bobbi Brown concealer that you picked up at Macy's.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
If you're into shooting exotic booze, try finding some stuff called Aguardiente. Very popular in Colombia. Only 29% but people will order it by the bottle at a bar/club and sit there shooting it in clear dixie cups with a water back. Doesn't taste awful and does the trick.

Aguardiente is Spanish for "burning water"....Aguardente is the portuguese version, and it's what we call cachaca...

Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
I had some cachaca brought back from Brazil a few weeks ago. I couldn't quite figure out the taste. It was somewhere between a tequila and a whiskey to me. Do people just drink it straight up or mix it?

I wouldn't drink a straight "51" cachaca, but really good Cachaca is definitely sip-worthy...not single malt whiskey, by any means, but that's how you drink it. Cheap cachaca, on the other hand, like "51", is really best in Caipirinhas and batidas...

ardeetee

Reaction score
Just got back from San Sebastian (Spain) and I discovered the "Kalimoxto" or "Calimocho" while I was there. Simply ice, half red wine, half coke. It sounded pretty terrible at first but it was surprisingly good. It's not strong but an interesting drink nonetheless. Might be something good for the lighter drinkers.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Long day today, so I'm relaxing (more like getting wasted) on a bottle of Wolf Blass Cabernet 2005.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
I'm feeling restless right now. Just made myself a bloody mary with 2 part tomato juice, 1 part cheapo vodka, add a bit of worcestershire sauce, a lot of tabasco, a pinch of salt, and a liberal dose of pepper. It seems to be having the opposite effect. Maybe the vodka will set in shortly.

You forgot the lemon.

I'd switch the tomato j. for clamato, add a little horseradish & a big lime squeeze...
bigstar[1].gif

Aristocrat

Reaction score
Pepsi max, with a Louis Roederer Cristal -99 chilled perfectly for the evening.
Maybe I should mix the Pepsi Max with the Cristal...
Yay..Nay?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
You forgot the lemon.

I'd switch the tomato j. for clamato, add a little horseradish & a big lime squeeze...
bigstar[1].gif

Actually, I didn't. But there wasn't any lemon to be had, and our local 7/11 closes at...11.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads