• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Was doing two anejos last night, Corzo and sotol.

modern_leifeng

Reaction score
a glass of Sazerac rye whiskey, I'm not a big whiskey drinker (Jamesons shots from time to time and there's a few single malts I have that I'll pull out maybe once a month) and not sure if its the rye, but the flavor doesn't seem to be that smooth. Oh well, I guess it requires more experimenting...

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
^As long as there is no Diet Coke in that equation then you're golden. Which burbon do you like the most out of the three?
Knob is kind of my old standby, but I have really been liking Bulleit. It's incredibly smooth.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modern_leifeng
a glass of Sazerac rye whiskey, I'm not a big whiskey drinker (Jamesons shots from time to time and there's a few single malts I have that I'll pull out maybe once a month) and not sure if its the rye, but the flavor doesn't seem to be that smooth. Oh well, I guess it requires more experimenting...
Rye has an acidic quality to its palatte, I think it's an acquired taste for some.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Satan's Whiskers

equal parts:

Dry Vermouth (Vya's)
Sweet Vermouth (Vya's)
Hendrick's Gin
Fresh squeezed OJ
1/2 part Grand Marnier
2 dashes orange bitters

This is an exceedingly interesting drink. Very smooth, obviously an orange note to it, but the finish is best described as "meaty."

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will be drinking this with some tenderloin, potatoes and locally grown corn.
chateau-saint-sulpice-bordeaux-2004.png

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Hendricks gin, poured into a goblet with a little bit of ice.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modern_leifeng

Rye, in general, is "spicier" than other whiskey, especially to bourbon drinkers. Also, the Sazerac 6 has a little bit more bite than an older whiskey would. If you would lay your hands on the Sazerac 18 (which comes out every year or so in a limited edition form) you would notice that the spiciness stays and the alcoholic bite disappears.

All this talk is making me want a Sazerac cocktail. Here goes...

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Just finished a Pacifico

I just came here to post that exact same thing.

Sorely missing a lime wedge, though.

It's nice to unwind with a cold beer after a 14 hour day, knowing you have to be back at work in 10.5 hours.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tough week.........just finished a racer 5 IPA, onto a stoudt's double IPA

dl

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Had a few cocktails, out for dinner last night, but scored a 2005 Kosta Brown for dinner
smile.gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Wine Spectator sure does love Kosta Brown. Hope it lived up to its reputation!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads