Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

Tags:
  1. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

[​IMG]

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I am just not heavy into whites in general, so when I venture into whites, I tend to go for tried and true. Someone gave me a bottle of Manifesto (as a joke, given my political views) and that was meh.

I've had the Manifesto, and thought that it was just a step below meh. I really wasn't a fran. But if you ever see Kim Crawford SB, you should give it a try. Around $12-15, really nice lime, grapefruit, and grassiness. I think WS gave it a 91 (?) or so.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I've had the Manifesto, and thought that it was just a step below meh. I really wasn't a fran. But if you ever see Kim Crawford SB, you should give it a try. Around $12-15, really nice lime, grapefruit, and grassiness. I think WS gave it a 91 (?) or so.

I've had various Crawford wines, as they seem to be a staple of wine lists. I can see that being a good drinker.

4. Piobaire

Audiophilia, if you like that cab, try the 05 BV Rutherford. Same price point, and roundly agreed to be a better wine.

5. Listi

Listi Senior member

Victory Storm King Imperial Stout A wonderfully dark and hoppy stout [​IMG]

6. Crawford

Crawford Senior member

Dos Equis Beer

Bought it purely for the advertising, but it's a pretty decent beer. Good for a hot day, like a Corona.

7. Matt

Matt [email protected]

yeah, I've always like Dos Equis actually. I like it a lot more than Corona, which I just think tastes like watery flat urine.

8. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

Audiophilia, if you like that cab, try the 05 BV Rutherford. Same price point, and roundly agreed to be a better wine.

Will do. But the Ray was not all that good, at least for the Canadian price. In my newb/score it'd be 88/100.

9. Piobaire

Will do. But the Ray was not all that good, at least for the Canadian price. In my newb/score it'd be 88/100.
    I think you're being generous. I cracked a Martin Ray SB last night. Very meh.
    Dos Equis Beer Bought it purely for the advertising, but it's a pretty decent beer. Good for a hot day, like a Corona.
    There's a restaurant chain I've visited, while traveling, called Chuy's Mesquite Broiler. http://www.bajachuys.com/ Nothing better than sitting in the warm sun, in January, having a pitcher of Dos Equis on Chuy's patio, while eating their tri-tip [​IMG] Almost as good as an authentic hole-in-the-wall place like you can find in small towns in the southwest.

10. raven37457

raven37457 Senior member

First post here, cracked a bottle of Domaine Ste. Michelle Brut with some sushi tonight. Now I am drinking Newman's Own Special Blend Extra Bold Organic coffee. Also, the Flavium Crianza 2005 is awesome. I opened close to a case of this already. A great everyday old style wine.

11. Piobaire

06 Siduri Close Pepe. I decanted for 45 minutes. It has been getting nice reviews.

I hated it.

Nose was just hot alcohol. No PN earth or berry. No structure on the tongue, very flabby. High in acid, no depth. Just a very forgettable wine.

12. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

game night, so some Pieroni w/ some of the best Neapolitan pizza around.

And then I'm finishing the night with a glass of gin and a hint of lime (Hendricks, love the cucumber edge)

13. raven37457

raven37457 Senior member

Montinore Estate Pinot Gris 2007 with pan seared NJ sea scallops, finished with a beurre noir. Now drinking Newman's Own Special Blend Extra Bold Organic coffee

14. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

game night, so some Pieroni w/ some of the best Neapolitan pizza around.

And then I'm finishing the night with a glass of gin and a hint of lime (Hendricks, love the cucumber edge)

whered you get the pie?

15. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

yeah, I've always like Dos Equis actually. I like it a lot more than Corona, which I just think tastes like watery flat urine.

I dont always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. Thats why I am the most interesting man in the world.