• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Egg nog with an extra helping of Eagle Rare 10 year. Our foster son got the cap he really really wants. A Longhorns cap.
frown.gif
Hence the extra bourbon.

Are you a Sooner Tommy? Your hatred for the Longhorns runs deep (note that I am not bashing you for it, hate away
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
).

goodlife

Reaction score
In an apparently subconscious attempt to keep myself busy washing glasses, I am now having 2 fingers of Yamazaki 12. The old fashioned glass I am drinking it out of is my third different glass tonight.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Nothing. I've given up drinking.

Liar.

Originally Posted by Connemara
YToo many bourbons. Jim BEam and Knob Creek at two different venues., Damn.

QED.

Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Bombay Saphire and...Fresca, with a bit of lime juice.

Pretty refreshing, actually.

Fresca. Hmmm, tastes like -- tastes like -- the '70s!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Piobaire
Too many things. Happy hour with several compatriots, and we got very happy.

Sigh -- I miss happy hour. Sadly illegal in Ontario since the early '80s ...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by audiophilia
Tasting at my place.

All under $30.00. All winners.

WWE_MEBGHKS.jpg
gemtree_shiraz.jpg
HylandShiraz.jpg
2255597632_1664f57fe0_m.jpg

Originally Posted by audiophilia
bin28.jpg

Excellent. Love the balance of both the Thomas Hylands and Bin 28. Interestingly, I thought the Koonunga Shiraz was bloody awful. A real fruit bomb with zero character.

Might go for a RWT Barossa next week.

Expecting an anti-LCBO screed from Piobaire any moment now ...
patch[1].gif

Originally Posted by Thomas
Egg nog with an extra helping of Eagle Rare 10 year.

Our foster son got the cap he really really wants. A Longhorns cap.
frown.gif
Hence the extra bourbon.

Egg nog -- must resist ... no Christmas carols ... no Christmas lights ... no Mount Gay Extra Old with egg nog until December ...

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
2004 Tiago Grand Cru. This is is blend from the Tiago estate in Lujan de Cuyo, Mendoza, Argentina. 80% Malbec and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon. Alcohol 14.5%. Cellared from a Fall 2007 trip to Buenos Aires...could stand another five years in the cellar for peak drinking, I think. Hard to get outside Argentina.

The alcohol hits you almost like whisky...calms down quickly. A big mouthful.

eed66e74adf7c5d5e4941fba1d413bfd.gif

- B

That you are sipping Tiago Grand Cru whilst I swill Misterio Malbec pretty much sums up the American/Canadian divide, now doesn't it?
tounge.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
Expecting an anti-LCBO screed from Piobaire any moment now ...
patch[1].gif

Moi? You have me all wrong. The LCBO is my favorite place to buy overpriced liquor!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by eg1
That you are sipping Tiago Grand Cru whilst I swill Misterio Malbec pretty much sums up the American/Canadian divide, now doesn't it?
tounge.gif

I won't mention how I sipped two bottles of 2007 St. Michelle's Reisling yesterday, that we had purchased for $5.99 each! Btw, serious recommendation. An exceedingly drinkable R for reguar price of under $10. They are tied to Loosen (Germany) and the expertise in wine making shows. Had it with spicy Thai peanut chicken.

If you send me some Pelee Island Cab Franc icewine, I'll send you some good Cali pinots. Deal?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I won't mention how I sipped two bottles of 2007 St. Michelle's Reisling yesterday, that we had purchased for $5.99 each! Btw, serious recommendation. An exceedingly drinkable R for reguar price of under $10. They are tied to Loosen (Germany) and the expertise in wine making shows. Had it with spicy Thai peanut chicken.

I feel like I +1 everytime you mention St. M Riesling, but I don't care, because it deserves it.
So cheap and so good. Also, Pacific Rim is in that same price range and also a great wine, IMO.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I feel like I +1 everytime you mention St. M Riesling, but I don't care, because it deserves it.
So cheap and so good. Also, Pacific Rim is in that same price range and also a great wine, IMO.

Good wine can be found at almost any price point. It just gets harder to find the lower the price. Then again, I can point you to bad wine at $50/bottle!

goodlife

Reaction score
Just picked up a bottle of Michters Rye for $28 on sale. Now I am having a little taste. Tastes pretty good.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sonoma River, Russian River Valley, Pinot Noir 2006.

It's ok, not bad, but definitely lacking the character of better pinots. I wouldn't buy it again.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moi? You have me all wrong. The LCBO is my favorite place to buy overpriced liquor!
smile.gif

Hmmph! No doubt the prices are inflated, but I suspect it is mostly taxation, the price we Canucks appear to be prepared to pay for a modicum of civilization ...
laugh.gif

If you send me some Pelee Island Cab Franc icewine, I'll send you some good Cali pinots. Deal?

My memories of Pelee Island are generally restricted to sand flies and waiting what seemed to be forever for the next ferry since there was ****-all to do after taking a quick spin around the island. Well, other than drinking vegetal reds on the winery patio ...
tounge.gif

I am pretty sure Canada Post frowns upon packaging of alcohol. Besides, my palate is nowhere near sophisticated enough to benefit from pinot noir of any provenance, Cali or otherwise ...
plain.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
My memories of Pelee Island are generally restricted to sand flies and waiting what seemed to be forever for the next ferry since there was ****-all to do after taking a quick spin around the island. Well, other than drinking vegetal reds on the winery patio ...
tounge.gif

I am pretty sure Canada Post frowns upon packaging of alcohol. Besides, my palate is nowhere near sophisticated enough to benefit from pinot noir of any provenance, Cali or otherwise ...
plain.gif

It's a nice little day trip from Leamington pier though. Bring your mountain bike, jump the ferry, ride around the island, take the ferry bike, and head to the Lakeshore for dinner, drinking, and the Michigan women, sure to be on the make there all summer
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads