• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E6FC5B78-4176-491C-AAD7-30BF6E96F8FF.jpeg
6765E022-4E99-4DEB-BE7F-A5BDE32D1D2C.jpeg

Snacks for dinner!

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@tdes81 If I already have Rivers, Neisson, a few Clairins, is it worth buying a bottle of Paranubes? (or more just interesting to try)

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tdes81 If I already have Rivers, Neisson, a few Clairins, is it worth buying a bottle of Paranubes? (or more just interesting to try)

It's real funky on the nose. Like real damn funky. Drinking it neat there's a lot of high ester taste to it and a fair bit of spice. Has hints of tomato and anise to it. Kind of an interesting sweet aftertaste to it, but definitely a lot of that overripe fruit funk.

If you want to try something new and unique, it's pretty cheap for 1L. And 54% ABV is always nice. If you want to do some more unique daiquiris or rum punches it's pretty cool. I prefer it over rum fire (which just has this really sour almost bitter notes to it).

I snagged a bottle because a couple of the recipes in modern tiki call for it. I don't regret snagging it, and will probably pick up another one when it's gone - but I do reach for the clairins more frequently. Although I just tried a bit neat right now to refresh myself and might need to re-evaluate that.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Way too many Don Julio Palomas and shots before and after Padres game, celebrating our blockbuster deals and win!
6FE692DB-4874-4C0D-91E2-F58261FD78EE.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some good stuff from Brewery Ommegang

EF22FDB9-646D-4ADC-9BDB-FA163CBFD82A.jpeg

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what that drink is, but does it have bacon and a dill pickle shoved in it?:eek2:

For reals? You've never heard of the iconic bloody mary? Mine was a bloody maria (I prefer the tequila in it vs. the vodka). But if you're gonna make one you gotta like jam all the most delicious bar foods you can think of in it.

Every now and then the wife and I just make a night of it. Whip up a bunch of hot wings, bacon, and then olives, pickles, pepperoncinis, hot peppers, etc. and make that our dinner/desert/cocktail menu all at once.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what that drink is, but does it have bacon and a dill pickle shoved in it?:eek2:

Also on another note, back when I used to live in North Dakota, a big thing there (and in neighboring Minnesota) was to put a pickle in your beer (like a bud light or some other **** beer). I never did it, but I probably should some day just to see what the jazz was all about.

I imagine it's the midwest's version of a corona + lime.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also on another note, back when I used to live in North Dakota, a big thing there (and in neighboring Minnesota) was to put a pickle in your beer (like a bud light or some other **** beer). I never did it, but I probably should some day just to see what the jazz was all about.

I mean, picklebacks (shot of whiskey, shot of pickle juice) are a thing, so it makes sense?

tweedlover

Reaction score

Am a South Dakota native myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads