• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Classic. I do a little mixture of Laird’s, collagen and turmeric powder myself… after that first delicious pour of blackness from my French press on its own.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had for the first time some amaro pasubio tonight. Think I need to pick up a bottle, as I love me some pine.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
67E416F3-00D2-450E-964F-83C5E2FC4488.jpeg

Had a couple of these tonight trying out this new clairin. Surprised it’s not a thing, so I’m dubbing it a lazy man’s Hemingway:

2 oz clairin
0.75 oz maraschino liqueur
Juice of a lime (~1.25 oz)
Shake with ice and strain
no garnish because lazy

real damn delicious, perhaps in part to this clairin being fantastic.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of pine… I obtained some pine oil and sprayed a couple of pumps into a rocks glass before adding in my Negroni. It’s a really nice twist on a classic. I wouldn’t do it all the time, but it’s a refreshing change here and there.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds so good right now, @tdes81. No grapefruit juice though? I’m sure it’s delicious as is. I’ve definitely been eying Clarins myself, of late. You just inspired me to pull the trigger sooner than later. I love a well-shook daiquiri and all those little shards of ice… goddamn.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of pine… I obtained some pine oil and sprayed a couple of pumps into a rocks glass before adding in my Negroni. It’s a really nice twist on a classic. I wouldn’t do it all the time, but it’s a refreshing change here and there.
Totally underrated as a garnish or addition to a cocktail IMO. Not for everyone, but I love it.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds so good right now, @tdes81. No grapefruit juice though? I’m sure it’s delicious as is. I’ve definitely been eying Clarins myself, of late. You just inspired me to pull the trigger sooner than later.
Hence the lazy man's hemmingway. Didn't have grapefruits and couldn't be assed to squeeze them if I did. But honestly I'm not missing it. This mix (at least with this clairin) is just delicious. The simplicity isn't hurting anything either. The extra maraschino and lime juice makes up for the lack of simple syrup/grapefruit. Also there's less to get in the way of all the delicious clairin flavors. I bet this would be quite good with a white rum like probitas, but a nice clairin really kicks it up a notch.

This clairin casimir is really really good. Of the few I've had it might be my favorite so far, but will need to do a side by side comparison on the rocks (or straight or in a ti punch) to be sure.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also getting into the clairins (apart from my love of daiquiris and tropical/tiki drinks) is a good change because my mezcal collection has gone a bit overboard... I could probably drink mezcal every weekend for the next three years and still have some left over. What a rabbit hole that is!

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also getting into the clairins (apart from my love of daiquiris and tropical/tiki drinks) is a good change because my mezcal collection has gone a bit overboard... I could probably drink mezcal every weekend for the next three years and still have some left over. What a rabbit hole that is!
Le Rocher is ridiculously good. I can't believe you can get it for ~$40

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Enjoying this dude a lot.
20220526_220849.jpg

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even crazier (not quite a clairin but in the same spirit) - paranubes rum is another level for its price point.
Haven't tried that, but have heard its good. Have you tried the Rivers Royal Antoine (Grenadian Agricole)? It also has some of that funk, and comes in at a scorching 69% (Nice)

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't tried that, but have heard its good. Have you tried the Rivers Royal Antoine (Grenadian Agricole)? It also has some of that funk, and comes in at a scorching 69% (Nice)
I have not, have not even heard of it, but given that scorch it's gonna happen soon.

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blauman