• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to be super in to beer. Like i had to have the right glass and drink at right temperature and I would have really detailed tasting notes. But then i stopped drinking for about a year or two. When i started i realized i just didn't care as much but i still liked good beer. Then i kinda stopped being in to beer and now there's just so many breweries and so many things that don't fit into classic styles of beer i don't even try to keep up. And I've started liking lagers and cheap beer for their honesty and not having to worry about them they're always going to be good.
lol, that’s pretty funny, personally I tend to avoid the pretentious approach. I approached beer the same way I did cigars, wine, scotch, whiskey, shoes and clothes. I don’t give a lot of credence to reviews or critics, I try just about everything that interests me, throw out the stuff I don’t like and keep the stuff I do.
Oh man I live in SF and pretentious is pretty much everything here, from hipster beards, to IPAS to man buns.

I see these dudes always trying too hard to be into the trendiest thing.

The thing with taste is we are all different and have different palettes. I personally just like what I like. I definitely prefer lagers and stouts to IPAs, always have, will I drink an IPA here and there sure but I dont reach for it.

I am also not overly picky at events and what they have I take. At my house its another story, for beer usually keep Orion or something Japanese less known than Asahi and Suppro but I do love those as well.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then i kinda stopped being in to beer and now there's just so many breweries and so many things that don't fit into classic styles of beer i don't even try to keep up. And I've started liking lagers and cheap beer for their honesty and not having to worry about them they're always going to be good.
I was into beer in the early 90s, then lost interest. I like a good beer every now and then, but I'm overwhelmed by the sheer number of offerings I see on the shelves. And the labels are unreadable to me, they all look the same. Every now and then I'll take a flyer, but I've got Coors banquet in the fridge. :lol:

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orion is the generally most readily available Japanese beer in the states, which is still actually brewed in Japan. Seemed like I switched to it a long time ago, once Yebisu seemed to disappear.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just bottled my first batch of home-brewed hard apple cider. It’s pretty good, but I think the batch I started today will be better.

3A930EDE-36BC-4AFC-A9F1-8541DEA64D38.jpeg

Here’s the maple-apple cider I started earlier.

F924E790-D16E-459B-AD03-5A81C838A05F.jpeg

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Orion is the generally most readily available Japanese beer in the states, which is still actually brewed in Japan. Seemed like I switched to it a long time ago, once Yebisu seemed to disappear.
I noticed it 5ish years ago but I wasn't really going out of my way to find a new beer was a nice discovery.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3DDCF76C-731F-4D65-97F5-627132385C9B.jpeg

In honor of national mezcal day, a prickly pear pechuga margarita. Delicious.

Maybe should not be using such a fine mezcal in a cocktail (Maguey Melate is so good!), but the flavors really shine through and this is just delicious.

* 2 oz maguey melate papalotmel pechuga
* 0.5 oz ancho reyes verde
* 0.5 oz fresh squeezed prickly pear juice
* 0.25 oz agave syrup
* 0.75 oz lime juice
* half dash of bittermans mole syrup

So good.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5D57CEE2-4AE4-4FCE-8226-27DB1A471B70.jpeg

Used up the last of the prickly pear juice for this one. Not as good as the margarita though. Removed the agave syrup and added in some pineapple juice and coconut water to make a cooler. It’s good, but the margarita was stellar.

Probs another big difference is the chichiapa vs. the pechuga. The chichiapa is good, but that pechuga is real good, and has some more flavors which really stand out over the rest of the ingredients.

Adsky Luck

Reaction score
Cognac Cuba Libre

Secret recipe:
1/3 cognac
2/3 coke, vanilla flavor preferred for this one as combines nicely with the cognac taste
Tall glass

Optional:
Ice
wedge of lemon
wedge of lime or lime juice

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aultmore 12: recommended
View attachment 1690037
Used up the last of the prickly pear juice for this one. Not as good as the margarita though. Removed the agave syrup and added in some pineapple juice and coconut water to make a cooler. It’s good, but the margarita was stellar.

Probs another big difference is the chichiapa vs. the pechuga. The chichiapa is good, but that pechuga is real good, and has some more flavors which really stand out over the rest of the ingredients.
both look great

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.