• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that compared to rum and gin, bourbon is one dimensional? Rum and gin, in my opinion, can have infinite variations based on technique, barrel treatment, botanicals in the case of gin, distillation methods, etc, whereas barrel treatment seems to be the dominating variable for bourbon.
Totally there with you bud. Gin and rum are way more interesting. I think Gin even more so.

Absolutley. And tbh you probably have to include Cachaca and*maybe* batavia arrack when thinking about rums. I wouldn't be surprise if how quickly rum ages has something to do with how different the styles of rum are.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best readily accessible Tequila Reposado for under $50? I lean towards Don Julio, Herradura, Casamigos and Partida, but am all ears on trying others.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Best readily accessible Tequila Reposado for under $50? I lean towards Don Julio, Herradura, Casamigos and Partida, but am all ears on trying others.
I haven’t had tequila in ages, but I always liked Milagro.

A good friend used to always come back with rarities and stories after visiting his wife’s family in Mexico.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should’ve mentioned, I’ll be bringing it over to a friend’s house for dinner. They’re making margaritas, so thought I’d bring a gift bottle... so, Costco brand is out 😬

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Espolon is excellent, too. Milagro has a stunning bottle and is good too. The impressiveness I think is what you should go with because, as they say, you eat with your eyes first.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fortaleza and G4 should be around that price.

Casamigos has so much added sugar its ridiculous

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that compared to rum and gin, bourbon is one dimensional? Rum and gin, in my opinion, can have infinite variations based on technique, barrel treatment, botanicals in the case of gin, distillation methods, etc, whereas barrel treatment seems to be the dominating variable for bourbon.
Scotch >

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In fact, I’ve put quite a bit of effort getting away from sugar in rum. Didn’t know this was a thing in other spirits?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you're interested in blue agave but not strictly "tequila," try Hacienda de Chihuahua. Very nice sotol. One of my favorites in the agave liquor family.

Fortaleza and G4 should be around that price.

Casamigos has so much added sugar its ridiculous
Fortaleza Anejo is $100+ around here. I'd trip over myself rushing to get it at $50.

Casamigos was so "smooth" that it was boring. Might as well drink vodka.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you're interested in blue agave but not strictly "tequila," try Hacienda de Chihuahua. Very nice sotol. One of my favorites in the agave liquor family.

Fortaleza Anejo is $100+ around here. I'd trip over myself rushing to get it at $50.

Casamigos was so "smooth" that it was boring. Might as well drink vodka.
(He said repo, not anejo. )

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.