• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thinking about trying my hand at some tikis this weekend. Does any one have any suggestions for falernum/orgeat?
You could make your own orgeat. Small Hands is good from Amazon. It's funny how people will say "wow the commercial stuff just tastes floral it doesn't take like almonds." Like......that's what almond flavor tastes like: floral.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Especially if you eat the almond blossoms. Those really taste floral.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my new favorites, but only like the Single Barrel Barrel Proof Rye. This one was allocated in my state and is part of a limited release.

IMG_4119.JPG

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could make your own orgeat. Small Hands is good from Amazon. It's funny how people will say "wow the commercial stuff just tastes floral it doesn't take like almonds." Like......that's what almond flavor tastes like: floral.
And with some orange flower water on the way, I'll be making my own.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ man I have tried. Orgeat is just hard. I have a cocktail on here called the Art Deco, a gin/orgeat/absinthe cocktail which I would say is really worth trying.

Incidentally, I've come up with a new cocktail, The Blessed Thistle, which is really one of my best.

DSC_7075b.jpg

It's built upon a union of rye with the cardoon-inflected bittered wine, Cardamaro, where the beautiful herbal, resinous note of Cardamaro is heightened by the orangey-resin notes in Amaro Nonino, then grounded with the reddish clay of Amaro Dell Etna. It's really phenomenal if you are into the dark, stirred, and bitter style of cocktail -- although, all the components are on the brighter end of the Amaro spectrum, so it is a very high-key kind of a cocktail.

- The Blessed Thistle -
1.25 oz good rye
1.0 oz Cardamaro
0.625 oz Amaro Nonino Quintessence
0.5 oz Amaro Dell Etna

Stir over ice until very cold, then serve with a coin of lemon peel expressed over the drink.

~ H

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ man I have tried. Orgeat is just hard. I have a cocktail on here called the Art Deco, a gin/orgeat/absinthe cocktail which I would say is really worth trying.

Incidentally, I've come up with a new cocktail, The Blessed Thistle, which is really one of my best.

View attachment 1567714

It's built upon a union of rye with the cardoon-inflected bittered wine, Cardamaro, where the beautiful herbal, resinous note of Cardamaro is heightened by the orangey-resin notes in Amaro Nonino, then grounded with the reddish clay of Amaro Dell Etna. It's really phenomenal if you are into the dark, stirred, and bitter style of cocktail -- although, all the components are on the brighter end of the Amaro spectrum, so it is a very high-key kind of a cocktail.

- The Blessed Thistle -
1.25 oz good rye
1.0 oz Cardamaro
0.625 oz Amaro Nonino Quintessence
0.5 oz Amaro Dell Etna

Stir over ice until very cold, then serve with a coin of lemon peel expressed over the drink.

~ H

That sounds awesome, I need to find some cardamaro.

The art deco actually sounds exactly up my alley, as I love me some absinthe. What's the recipe for that?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After dinner Branca Menta...
tempImageZB6F0j.jpg

With my post in the background.
That's showmanship...

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After dinner Branca Menta...View attachment 1567754
With my post in the background.
That's showmanship...
The glass is just as important as the spirit you are choosing. I have a Irish Whiskey Tumbler, a Glencairn for Scotch, a Bourbon Tasting Glass and a Rocks Glass I only use for Rye, which helps bring out the citrus notes.

E618F50A-1ACC-4047-8DD2-8E5E15167BB2.jpeg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trinidad sour for while i finish work.

Recipe called for 1.5 oz of angostura but i only had 1 oz.

Man is this delicious.

20210305_184611.jpg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I could describe this with one word I would say it’s “reliable”. I’ve owned about 7 bottles over the past 5 years, and it’s never disappointed. Drinks above it’s proof; I’d say around a 92

38487318-6CEE-4124-BD2F-502E7FEB4AFC.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%