What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Had another bottle of the Stefania Wines 2006 Haute Tubee. Very northern Rhone in nature.

http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=490266

I only have one left, but I just emailed the winery owner and am getting another three bottles shipped in the fall. I feel very lucky, that's half a case from a total of about 50 cases produced. If you like wine, I highly suggest getting on Stefania Wines mailing list.

2. Crawford

Crawford Senior member

Every once in a while I enjoy making myself a cocktail, usually rotating between 'classics' and 'concoctions'. I'm not particularly experienced at this point in my life, so my concoctions are hit and miss. Last night it was: 1 ounce Canadian Whiskey 1/2 ounce Lillet Blanc 1/2 ounce Stokka (Scandanavian style citrus-spice liqueur) 1 splash Grand Marnier 1 splash sweet vermouth 1/4 ounce lemon juice 1 tsp sugar Stirred over ice, garnished with a orange wheel. Overall it was pretty decent. I used Gibson's for the whiskey, but if I had Crown I definitely would have used it. Probably could have used 1 1/2 ounces of the whiskey. Probably should have used simple syrup instead of the sugar, and maybe slightly less lemon juice. Taking suggestions from the more experienced on what I could add/remove to make this better.
    [​IMG]

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Hmmmm.....looks good anyway. I have never tasted Stokka so it's hard to comment, except: sounds like you have too much going on -- whiskey, Lillet, the Stokka, GM, vermouth, and the sour mix. Must focus on the flavors you want and pare back the number of components. ~ Huntsman

4. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I am about to try Sake for the first time... [​IMG]

5. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Verdict: I am surprised to discover that I like it.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Should have stopped at the bottle of Stefania. My wife had one glass, I had the rest. Then I cracked a 2005 Loring Gary's Vineyard pinot. Then I decided going out was a good idea (after a 10 hour office day). We went to a local jazz lounge that had Tangle Ridge Canadian whisky, so I had several manhattans there. When we got home, I thought a margatini in the spa would be a good idea.

*sigh*

Hope I'm ready for tonight.

7. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Had some Lambert's Butter Moon coffee this morning. Good stuff.

8. Antonio Centeno

Antonio Centeno Senior member

9. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

Right now, I'm drinking the best cheap bourbon I've evern encountered: Ancient Age. It's smooth and mellow yet has a certain richness to it. It's most definitely not as complex as the better (and much more expensive) bourbons, but for $11.00 per .750, I don't think it can be beat.

Did you have a normal bottle or the AA 10-year? Apparently there's a big difference. I haven't tried the normal one yet, but the 10-year is indeed an extraordinary deal for a 'cheap' bourbon.

I ended my travelling yesterday with a draw of Smithwick's and of Boddington's.

10. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Last night I drank too much rum and vodka.

11. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Last night, out for dinner with the family on account of my birthday (which was not last night), best restaurant in the area, yadda yadda yadda. Very nice. Very French. The bill was $450 for four, which for us, is a lot.

Manhattan to start, '03 Mont-Redon Chateauneuf-du-Pape with my beef, lamb and venison dish, Grand Marnier Centenaire to finish.

~ Huntsman

12. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

89 Palmer to wash down a Porterhouse from Bryan's, potato puree, and creamed spinach. The wine is mature and a great example of why I love Bordeaux.

13. VMan

VMan Senior member

Plymouth gin, seltzer, and lime

14. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Should have stopped at the bottle of Stefania. My wife had one glass, I had the rest. Then I cracked a 2005 Loring Gary's Vineyard pinot. Then I decided going out was a good idea (after a 10 hour office day). We went to a local jazz lounge that had Tangle Ridge Canadian whisky, so I had several manhattans there. When we got home, I thought a margatini in the spa would be a good idea.

*sigh*

Hope I'm ready for tonight.

Jesus, you're old. [​IMG]

Tomorrow, my girlfriend is at work all day, my parents are gone all day, it's just gonna be me here. I plan on waking up early, grabbing a couple papers and having some coffee. Then I will spend the rest of the day adrift in a world of gin and tonic, nice cigars, and sunbathing on the back porch. Should be my first truly relaxing day in quite a long time.

15. boone4mayor

boone4mayor New Member