• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Balvenie Caribbean Cask

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are your proportions for the perfect margarita? I'm using 2 oz. tequila, 0.75 oz. triple sec, and 0.5 oz. lime juice (same as all my sours), but I think that might be too sweet.
I've no idea and my recipe book and I are not co-located at present, but.....I think that these drinks on the Sidecar plan like the Margarita, do better with less triple sec and a dash of simple. You can typically up the lime as well, balancing it out with less simple per unit volume of lime than you would have to with triple sec. When you start loading the triple sec up high enough to balance off that acid it gets cloying. Trying to get away from the cloying taste of too much triple sec is why I believe many will skip the triple sec and just use simple or agave. But then I think that is a different drink along the lines of the tequila daiquiri. Come to think of it, mine may be 2:1:1/2:1/4, tequila, lime, triple sec, and simple. Try it with a Sidecar sometime, too. It really improves that drink. Of course, for triple sec I always use Cointreau.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Made an old fashioned (Basil Hayden)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have made a zombie. Next time I will use the aforementioned pierre ferarnd. Im starting to think good OC is at least as good as OJ. also i tried to see if my new Ninja could be as good as a stick drink mixer as recommended by Smugglers Cove. Maybe is the answer. I definitely blended this too much. The Ninja is fun to play with and the drinks go down easy. So at least one more will be had.

"Nabucco" is my music and im finishing the Sept. 6 Financial Times.

20200923_172721.jpg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments