• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a sam adams triple bock I've had in my fridge for years and before then in uh less than ideal storage. Should open it soon.

Bought the cruzan bottled mai tai. Cruzan is not the most inspiring rum. This was....tropical. it didn't have quite the same qualities of a mai tai which is easy to lose in a bottle. It wasnt even really a mai tai. Was it bad? No. Was it good? Maybe. When i want a refreshing tropical tikilike drink and just want to pour over ice it is pretty good. Although i could tell the rum wasn't of the highest quality even by cruzan standards.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks @Bhowie. I'll try that recipe minus the egg white. (I don't eat eggs, so I don't want to buy a carton just for cocktails.) Ramazzotti smells exactly like Coca-Cola to me, so I'm playing around with Plantation 3 Stars to see if I can make an approximation of a boozy rum and coke.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@edinatlanta Cutwater’s Mai Tai is best pre-made I’ve had. Esquire’s Mai Tai recipe is my favorite, though I add more rum and a floater as well...
2F45606D-CDE1-40B3-8DD3-21E61B1D8AC5.jpeg

mhip

Reaction score
@edinatlanta Cutwater’s Mai Tai is best pre-made I’ve had. Esquire’s Mai Tai recipe is my favorite, though I add more rum and a floater as well...
View attachment 1401522
Cutwater! That's Yuseff who was one of the founders of Ballast Point.
When he was still there, I picked up a bad case of Sculpin from Costco, sent him the code, and he overnighted me a new case of beer.
Super cool guy.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The hardest part of a good Mai Tai is getting good orgeat. If you can at least start there, you're 90% on your way to having a good drink.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1401522
Ive posted a few times but i am committed to the lost art of tiki--in no small part because of my name. I love making tiki drinks but sometimes i don't need to measure .25 oz of falernum .25 oz.of cinammon syrup on top of 5 oz of other stuff. I will have multiple different versions of the different distillation styles of rum and from different countries. It's no longer that hard to find good orgeat as @Gibonius said. Small hands is good and most readily available but man latitude 29 really sings in a mai tai. I might make mine later this summer. Going to raid the pomegranate tree near me first and make grenadine.

But I'm also lazy af and like premixes.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Recs for martini ratios?
I've seen everything from 2-1, 4-1, 5-1... (and how much olive brine?)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2017. It is some potent stuff, had a small dram and man that was enough. It is a different drink.
I've had at least two: 07/08ish and enjoyed it for what it was: a beer turned into a liqour.

Beckwith

Reaction score
I am not sure i am rushing out to get the latest one, $200 for a funky beer is probably a one time deal.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.