• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Reaction score
I just bought my first bottle of Ramazzotti. Upon first taste, it seems like a milder version of Averna. I greatly prefer Averna as a neat tipple after a large meal, but I think Ramazzotti may be more versatile in cocktails, which is the primary purpose for non-base spirit modifiers in my small home bar. Any suggestions on mixed drinks using Ramazzotti would be much appreaciated.
I had a bottle of Ramazzotti a while back but had a difficult time with the cola flavor.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I was in Italy, I ordered a Ramazzotti (had never had it before), and the bartender clearly said "The American wants a Ramazzott?!" I confirmed, and got excellent service for the rest of the night.

Was a high point of the trip.

I like it straight with ice.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sort of a tequila tiki (tequiliki?).

It is delicious. 1 oz orgeat 1.5 oz tequila (got recipe from del maguey website but no mezcal right now) .75 lime and angostura. Would use more angostura next time.
20200604_201246.jpg

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Martini with Icelandic gin:

Attachments

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plantation Silver, Q Ginger Beer, lime, Angostura bitters...
D352165F-99BC-422B-8F8E-9669DBEE3754.jpeg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Part of last weekends haul $5 for a $25 bottle of 2016 Pinot Noir
C654CE0A-6FC6-47E3-80FA-A567131B1912.jpeg

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just bought my first bottle of Ramazzotti. Upon first taste, it seems like a milder version of Averna. I greatly prefer Averna as a neat tipple after a large meal, but I think Ramazzotti may be more versatile in cocktails, which is the primary purpose for non-base spirit modifiers in my small home bar. Any suggestions on mixed drinks using Ramazzotti would be much appreaciated.
It makes a very good sour. Also plays well with pineapple juice.

this is me spit balling here on a recipe so you have more of a Jumping off point.

2 oz ramazzotti
.75 simple
.5 lime
1 oz pineapple juice
Egg white

dry shake

wet shake

serve in a single old fashioned. It’s a large volume drink because of the egg white and pineapple juice. throw some ango on top to kill the egg stank

-Pineapple doesn’t work as a perfect acid substitute with lime and lemon.
-lower abv of ramazzotti requires less modifier. -Egg white requires more sugar.
I can’t back this recipe with 100% certainty it’s perfect because of the above factors. I don’t have pina juice at home so I can’t make one to guide you anymore.

Last edited:

mhip

Reaction score
When I was in Italy, I ordered a Ramazzotti (had never had it before), and the bartender clearly said "The American wants a Ramazzott?!" I confirmed, and got excellent service for the rest of the night.

Was a high point of the trip.

I like it straight with ice.
I had the same experience with Fernet Branca.
Instant street cred...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
*sigh*

mhip

Reaction score
I feel your pain.
Back in the day I was out with friends for some large dinner function at a restaurant. One of my best friends married into a family of bible-racists. And they don't drink ( strike 3 ). So it's whispered around at the table that no one should order alcohol.
Of course, I ordered my boozes extra loud while I stared right at them.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We had a nice bottle of wine on Thursday, per plan, but not relaxing with a cocktail last night was trying. Still, no booze and I was up and at them around 5:45a this morning.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.