• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Drank an Old Fashioned for lunch, then Four Roses Single Barrel in the afternoon, then a Bijou before dinner. Am doing the intermittent fasting thing so I've stopped drinking after dinner.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Last drink of the night is my personal riff on a Negroni. I've shared it with a couple of famous folks ya'll would recognize and they think it's great.

1 oz Aperol
1 oz Antica Formula
2 oz of barrel aged local gin. (Sub gin of choice)
Lemon rind.

It's a built drink and seriously good.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm just a down market dood.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last drink of the night is my personal riff on a Negroni. I've shared it with a couple of famous folks ya'll would recognize and they think it's great.

1 oz Aperol
1 oz Antica Formula
2 oz of barrel aged local gin. (Sub gin of choice)
Lemon rind.

It's a built drink and seriously good.
Interesting recipe. You don't find that the Antica overwhelms the Aperol?

I build my Negronis with Beefeater's, Cocchi Torino, and Select (an aperitif native to Venice that is somewhere between Campari and Aperol). I'm going to try substituting Ransom Old Tom for the gin.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It seems to work for me but obviously personal taste here. Give it a shot with a less robust vermouth and tell me what you think. I don't have any Cocchi in house (and I ain't going back to Total Wine for a while!) or I'd try it.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Decanted my barrel aged Negronis today. I think 3 months of aging, kinda lost track. Normally I wouldn't decant, but the valve is busted so this is easier.

Super rich. Super smooth.

IMG_20200405_175952620.jpg

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've moved and am selling my house (great timing, eh? Under contract at least) and need to downsize my bar. Have a number of open bottles with 2-10oz in them and given that it's the end of the world as we know it, I'm drinking them. Therefore in my first dead soldier post, I give you Louis Roque 'La Vielle Prune'. This stuff is amazing - someone on the Web described it as sitting at the intersection of Slivovtiz, Armagnac, and eau-de-vie -- very accurate. It has two years in oak, which is perfect, because there is still plum on the nose, but also the wonderful leather notes of oak. It's slightly sweet as cognac can sometimes be. It is the thing to drink after dinner when you almost want a cognac, and you almost want a calvados, but somehow not quite. Completely worth the $50. Miss this one hard.

Attachments

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah 16oz selection is limited. Excited to try the bourbon aged.

I did Hop Saint and Smog City last week. I’m fully stocked for the foreseeable future.
Nice! Was thinking of doing Ambitious, Smog City, or Trademark next.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.