• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

Salad

Reaction score
1st drink in 3 wks. I never drink at home but these last few wks have sucked and things are only going to get suckier. While picking up some non-perishables, I picked up a few bottles. Tonights libation, the Toronto.

2oz Rye (Canadian Whiskey is traditional but I used Bulleit Rye)
3/4oz Fernet Branca
simple syrup
orange bitters
orange peel
rocks (I need to get one of those big block ice mold trays).

toronto.jpg

Cheers guys.
Here's to better times.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gave up drinking for Lent, but with lockdown I’ve switched out sweets instead. Tonight a Scorpio Kick as an aperitif: 2oz white rum, 1 oz lime juice, .5 oz creme de cacao, .25 simple, mint leaves, shake and serve.

Then a couple of glasses of B. Clair 2005 Marsannay VV with roast chicken, mashed and sprouts.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my most favorite cocktail
I want to try a barrel aged version but haven't gotten around to it. Leave the lime out, obviously.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tequila - ArteNom 1146 (60% aged in bourbon 40% aged in wine barrels)

Interesting. Not sure I'd buy again, but fun to try and experiment.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Their "The Laddie" is one of the better valued scotches out there. Nice little hint of peat and good flavor for the young scotch, runs something like $50 around here.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought some doomsday orgeat on Amazon. The orgeat came with a recipe for the Army Navy cocktail and we had the ingredients (gin and lemon juice) on hand. This is some good ass shit

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What brand of orgeat did you get? I've had profoundly mixed results with the pre-made stuff, and my homemade stuff went bad in like two weeks.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Small hands makes very good orgeat.

If you make your own be sure to treat your bottle like you are canning / jarring -- boil it and ensure it is completely sterile; also be sure to add vodka (some recipes call for brandy) to the finished product (this will extend life -- I also do this when I make simple syrup). Then store in the refrigerator.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.