• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are Uniqlo's 'must-buy' items?

TBY

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a huge fan of Uniqlo. Not only is it affordable, but its added focus on quality when compared to companies like H&M and Zara is really refreshing.

My 'must-buy' items from Uniqlo are the supima cotton t-shirts and their cotton socks. You simply can't replicate the quality of the t-shirts for at that price point anywhere else. The range of colours in the socks and the reasonable quality for the price make them a regular in my rotation and an item which often gets restocked in my wardrobe.

What are the best items in Uniqlo that I might be missing or that people on a budget should be working into their rotation?

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I buy their thermals and their T shirts as staples. I have a lightweight windproof hooded jacket that is getting quite a workout these days. I wear it to work and then hose it down at home.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their Airism and heat-tech products are good too.

I’m a fan of their Merino wool sweaters as well.

Molvin90

Reaction score
I myself is only purchasing uniqlo for RTW
Big fan of their socks and merino wool turtleneck
Good quality items with good price

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

BigBadBernard

Reaction score
Cotton socks (bright red)
Airism undies
Merino v necks and polos
Oxford button-downs for casual wear
Lambswool crew neck sweaters in the winter

Mikey#3

Reaction score
everything i have from them has been quite nice, they are full of little thoughtful details. in addition to the above, i have a button down shirt, and it is just a really nice shirt

Salanizi

Reaction score
Definetly their merino wool sweaters and supima cotton tshirts, staples...

redboat

Reaction score
From the website, it looks like the cut of the Uniqlo cotton t-shirts has been altered recently to be looser. Quoting "Loose-fitting shape that appeals to a modern sense of style." The size S used to fit me perfectly, but these look different...Can anyone compare the new and old? Uniqlo web site

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the website, it looks like the cut of the Uniqlo cotton t-shirts has been altered recently to be looser. Quoting "Loose-fitting shape that appeals to a modern sense of style." The size S used to fit me perfectly, but these look different...Can anyone compare the new and old? Uniqlo web site

The shirt in question is from the “U” line. The “U” line is baggy and oversized. Not everything is loose fitting.

redboat

Reaction score
The shirt in question is from the “U” line. The “U” line is baggy and oversized. Not everything is loose fitting.
Thanks, but the regular supima cotton t-shirts have similar language: "This season's update features a looser fit at the body and sleeves to create a silhouette that drapes beautifully towards the hem." Supima t-shirt.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads