1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

what are the most intimidating circumstances under which you've approached a girl?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GQgeek, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Alter

Alter Senior member

Geez, even relatively new members know about them. I'm starting to question my decision to post about this sort of thing on the forums! Despite my desire to entertain, I think I shall abstain from posting the details of my future such failures. For the record, I have had a recent history of going for long-shots... You know, lesbians, girls with boyfriends, 2 girls at the same time... :p

Don't let the sceptics keep you down. Someday you're going to bag that Amazonian blonde-haired Asian lesbian nymphomaniac cooking instructor! Then you'll have the last laugh on Ed and Matt! Keep the flame alive, GQ!

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

... 2 girls at the same time... :p

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
    Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.
    Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?
    Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.
    Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.
    Lawrence: Well, the type of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.
    Peter Gibbons: Good point.

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

If its still pertinant, I "approached" a chick at a small party once who was in the midst of a violent red wine blackout. She had a compound bow and a whole quiver of arrows, and was shooting them around inside at the guests (It was her party). Luckily she was pretty incompetant at that point, and didn't really injure anyone. But several near misses were killing the friendly vibe. I took her into the bedroom and physically held her down until she actually passed out. We made out when she woke up.

But its pretty intimidating trying to try and sweet talk a beligerent drunk with a weapon trained on you.
    She doesn't really drink wine anymore, BTW.

4. Alter

Alter Senior member

If its still pertinant, I "approached" a chick at a small party once who was in the midst of a violent red wine blackout. She had a compound bow and a whole quiver of arrows, and was shooting them around inside at the guests (It was her party). Luckily she was pretty incompetant at that point, and didn't really injure anyone. But several near misses were killing the friendly vibe. I took her into the bedroom and physically held her down until she actually passed out. We made out when she woke up.

But its pretty intimidating trying to try and sweet talk a beligerent drunk with a weapon trained on you.

I say you should marry her...cuz that will make a great "Hey Daddy. How did you and mommy meet?" story.

5. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

i definitely agree with this as long as you're not creepy about it. a nice boy at a party once told me he liked my belt while we were in the kitchen. that was cute.

one time when i was 17 and in the grocery store parking lot some man that was well over 40 did the "do i know you from somewhere?" thing and i was retarded and thought he actually might know my parents or something but then busted out a 'wanna go for coffee' and i subsequently wanted to vomit and told him i had a boyfriend and hurried off. that was NOT cute.

good luck!

I was at a party and a girl told me "Those pants fit you really well!" I was a bit more than creeped out. Mainly because she is a creepy Uber Christian and knows that I have a girlfriend. So to embarrass her I said something about just telling me she likes the way I stuff my junk into tight pants, and said it a bit loud so a lot of people could hear me.

Other than that not many girls have had the "balls" to come up and say anything about me or just randomly to me (or im just ugly, I think the first one sounds better) then again I did have some girls say "wow, he's cute," as I was walking out of the mall towards them, just last weekend.

6. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Compound bows require quite a bit of strength to draw. I'm surprised a chick was even able to! Then again, the last time I used one was when I was 13... Anyway, hilarious story, and wtf was she doing with a compound bow?

7. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

Compound bows require quite a bit of strength to draw. I'm surprised a chick was even able to! Then again, the last time I used one was when I was 13... Anyway, hilarious story, and wtf was she doing with a compound bow?

Yeah, but drunk people are strong, and once you draw one it takes almost no effort to hold the draw!

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I'm glad there are so many Kilometers separating us, I'd be deathly affraid to go out knowing all the psychos you hang out with could be at shooting range. On the other hand you do have interesting anecdotes and you manage to get more out of beligerent mad-drunk bow carrying crazies than Connemarra out of girls who willingly entered his bed.

9. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior member

Any situation in which I want to approach a girl is intimidating to me. I have found lots of babe sin the grocery store and usually say something like"Do you know what aisle the toast is in'? I just try to be relaxed and funny now.

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I say you should marry her...cuz that will make a great "Hey Daddy. How did you and mommy meet?" story.

We still hang out occasionally, since then, she's pretty much straightened herself out, got married, had a kid, got divorced, runs marathons and etc.

But other than than the fact that she is/was crazy, she's not really my type.

11. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Any situation in which I want to approach a girl is intimidating to me. I have found lots of babe sin the grocery store and usually say something like"Do you know what aisle the toast is in'? I just try to be relaxed and funny now.

You mean the bread? Bread doesn't become toast until you toast it. You MUST be nervous. :p