• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are the most comfortable, slim fitting T-Shirts out there?

sdsurfer

Reaction score
I'm looking for better T-Shirts, probably V-Neck, to wear under my dress clothes at work. I'm buying really slim cut dress clothes so I would like some T-Shirts that aren't bulky or bunch up under my dress shirt. I want something very comfortable and although I want it slim fitting I don't want it skin tight. Anything like that out there?

JDHsatx

Reaction score
I really like the 2xist v-necks from their pima cotton collection. These are sold individually, not in 3 packs. They fit a bit slimmer compared to most brands and cost about $18 each.

Zubberah

Reaction score
I'm interested too. I remember a post about low cut V-Necks from Amazon last year. Would be interested in the link again.

kdsvs

Reaction score
Do you mean as an undershirt?
I don't think undershirts look good under slim cut dress shirts.

Hanseat

Reaction score
I really like ragman t-shirts for that purpose. They're very fitted and of a nice quality.

Hyperspaced

Reaction score
How do these compare to Hanro? I have shirt creeping problems with mine.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By most accounts they are nicer. I do not have creeping problems with them.

sdsurfer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kdsvs
Do you mean as an undershirt?
I don't think undershirts look good under slim cut dress shirts.

Yes I do mean undershirts. I do agree with you that they don't look as good but I must say it looks much better than wet spots in the armpits
laugh.gif
(which would happen if I weren't wearing an undershirt). I think I can get the best of both worlds with a nice fitting undershirt that is also a V-Neck.

Kid609

Reaction score
I have Calvin Klein undershirts. I like them because Marty McFly wore them.

sdsurfer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I think he meant that v-neck undershirts don't look good under a dress shirt. I'm inclined to agree, unless your shirt is sufficiently opaque that there's no chance the "v" will show. And wear what you want, but assuming you'll be wearing a shirt and tie what's the point of the v-neck? IMHO, v-neck undershirts are only for wearing under an open-collar shirt, if then.

Right. I'll be wearing an open-collar (button up) shirt.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about not buying really slim cut dress clothes that make you sweat? It's like going to the doctor and saying "It hurts when I do this, what can I do?" Answer: "Stop doing it."

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
How about not buying really slim cut dress clothes that make you sweat? It's like going to the doctor and saying "It hurts when I do this, what can I do?" Answer: "Stop doing it."

I'm guessing it's not the slim cut dress shirts per se that's causing him to sweat. He's probably just a sweaty monkey in general, therefore sweating profusely, whether it be in a boxy American cut dress shirt or a slim fit one. Might as well be a sharp looking profuse sweater. But I suppose he's trying to avoid that.

I must agree that undershirts don't look very good when wearing a nice, somewhat see through, fashionable dress shirt to work, top button unbuttoned. Unfortunately (or not), I have a huge shoulder sleeve tattoo that is somewhat visible with over half my dress shirts, and I don't think that's going to fly well at the firm I'll be starting at later this year. So I guess I'll be one of those wearing that visible crew or v-neck undershirt as well
blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads