• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are the current trendy shoes for men?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greatfire
America. College. Man. African American.

What are the hot shoes for someone fitting the above description?

Also, I'm still trying to find some nice fitting t-shirts, as per this thread: http://styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=18869

I wear vintage ankle boots from the 60's (brown and black), some trainers such as the white/red/blue Onitsuka Tiger, various Adidas which are slim and work well with jeans, Pony trainers, 'fashion footwear' such as YSL Rive Gauche laceups, and higher-end footwear such as C&J Handgrade monkstraps, Harris Fatte al Mano shoes, etc.

Usually, I'll wear shoes that look good with jeans and are comfortable.

What is your style? Japanese-esque streetwear? Urban brands (looser jeans, AF-1's, BAPE, Marc Ecko Cut & Sew, etc)? American repro? Trovata-style? 70's Vintage? Minimalist (ala Helmut Lang, Jil Sander, Margelia?)

seen

Reaction score
I'm looking into engineer boots, what are some good brands? Besides Frye.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seen
I'm looking into engineer boots, what are some good brands? Besides Frye.
Those brown Fryes are the nicest ones I've seen besides a couple from Belstaff, which are impossible to find. There's also Chippewa, Red Wing, Carolina, Wesco, Georgia, among others.

Try some on before buying them, since they fit weirdly and you may find that you don't really like them. I'd like to get those Fryes but unless they fit just right I'm not going to consider it. I don't like how loose they are especially at the top. Also they are very hot and will stain non-black socks.

greatfire

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
I wear vintage ankle boots from the 60's (brown and black), some trainers such as the white/red/blue Onitsuka Tiger, various Adidas which are slim and work well with jeans, Pony trainers, 'fashion footwear' such as YSL Rive Gauche laceups, and higher-end footwear such as C&J Handgrade monkstraps, Harris Fatte al Mano shoes, etc.

Usually, I'll wear shoes that look good with jeans and are comfortable.

What is your style? Japanese-esque streetwear? Urban brands (looser jeans, AF-1's, BAPE, Marc Ecko Cut & Sew, etc)? American repro? Trovata-style? 70's Vintage? Minimalist (ala Helmut Lang, Jil Sander, Margelia?)

I don't really have a style (yet).. but I'm going for the looser fitting jeans, and close(r) fitting t-shirts (but not the ones with those really short sleeves).

seen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Those brown Fryes are the nicest ones I've seen besides a couple from Belstaff, which are impossible to find. There's also Chippewa, Red Wing, Carolina, Wesco, Georgia, among others. Try some on before buying them, since they fit weirdly and you may find that you don't really like them. I'd like to get those Fryes but unless they fit just right I'm not going to consider it. I don't like how loose they are especially at the top. Also they are very hot and will stain non-black socks.
You talking about those Frye Brando Engineer Boots in tobacco finish that was posted in another thread? Yea, it's nice alright.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads